XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Necromunda which comes out tomorrow is like 15gb on PS5 and 31 on Xbox X|S. Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with “kraken” and all to do with the xbox package having both X and S inside.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is smaller on Xbox. But yeah some are smaller on ps5. But I think outside of control it’s never that big of a difference. I think Xbox’s compression technique is still not in effect yet. BC Pack in theory is more advanced than kraken compression.

It’s namely from 2 different things.

1. Developers not producing separate resource packages for Xbox Series X|S consoles, where their content production pipelines are not using BCPack but are using the same kind of content for Xbox One/OneS/OneX, Xbox Series X|S, and PC versions.

2. They also don’t go into asset de-duplication, where you no longer need to have the same asset located in multiple different locations in the install package to account for physical hard drive latency of the read heads while the rust drive is spinning.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Nba Playoffs Reaction GIF by NBA

1 Like
5 Likes

I’m watching the keynote. It’ll work on NVIDIA video cards too :joy:

2 Likes

No more mid-gen refresh confirmed.

Hopefully. I had all 3 xbox’s last gen :skull:.

2 Likes

I’m sure MS will still present their own ML solution still, there’s almost too many optimization options out there for the XSX right now for it to achieve the best performances on any game.

Me too!!!

Guilty. Xbox One–>Xbox One Elite–>Xbox One S–>Xbox One X lol

2 Likes

PSO2: New Genesis launching June 9th. Just waiting on clarification that it’ll hit Xbox on that same day (most likely is), but I’m hyped.

4 Likes

Is this compatible for any rdna 1.0 and 2.0? All games? So it should be available to Xbox?

MIT license, portable to many older cards like 500 series and Vega.

FSR starts around 19:47 mark of their Computex presentation and runs until 23:33.

1 Like

Even with the great announcements we had from Sony, Square Enix, Ubisoft… in this pre-E3 period but I’m still missing the hype Xbox was doing every year, such teasing Halo/ Gears images, short trailers, count down on Twitter… lots of things are missing this year </3

1 Like

It wouldnt surprise me if AMD FSR came to Xbox One/PS4… :man_shrugging: :sweat_smile:

AGREE.

How does this work does it carry on character from previous game or do we create a new character?

AND this is why Phil doesn’t want to come out and say Bethesda games are EXCLUSIVE to Xbox because of the comments like this.

So stupid. Fuck MS for trying this, and fuck Dolby for signing it. I don’t want to ever hear Spencer criticise timed exclusives again, and I don’t want to hear from the naive Good Guy MS defence force again.

If people act like that over Dolby Vision and Atmos being exclusive (weird I know on both counts) imagine Xbox coming out and saying X game is exclusive.

We’re bloody 2 weeks out chill champ, they usually do shit 1 week out but maybe not this time because people get overhyped from them. They might want to just show their stuff and let the games do the talking this time.

1 Like