XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Redfall proper reveal should be a given for one of these other events still happening because there are no big shows next year before E3 and since it’s coming out in the summer… they’ll want to start marketing it proper. I guess Redfall could be during Geoff’s show too.

Im waiting for that sweet sweet avowed gameplay

I cant take anothet showing of Age 4. Its been ENOUGH LOL.

1 Like

It’s big in Europe Javy.

1 Like

Expecially in Germany, the RTS country.

3 Likes

If only the Host of GamesCom ONL (Opening Night Live) didn’t talk…

I still don’t really get QR in some ways.

Yakuza 0, a game that came out way before QR was even a thing, yet it supports it. Judgment for some reason doesn’t. Is this on MS? Since Yakuza 0 did work and that must have been MS’s doing.

Or take these indie games like Dodgeball Academia, what is causing these games to just not work with it?

When XSX came out they made it sound like a select few games wouldn’t work because of issues, it’s honestly increasingly more new games that don’t work at all.

1 Like

What is QR?

Quick Resume.

1 Like

Devs need to use at least a newer version than the min version of the QR XDK/GDK and/or flag their game as supporting QuickResume. Since there was issues with some older software DKs, Xbox had switched over to a minimum version with fixes a being required. I think most of the issue stems from devs just not flagging their games compatibility settings.

I can understand the smaller devs just not wanting to update their dev workstations when in middle of a project, but I’d hope by now everyone is on current version of the tools.

Though this should be something to ping Xbox about, like get them to prod and poke the devs for proper support. Maybe Phil and Greenberg and MajorNelson, they’d know who to get on it.

1 Like

Hmmmm, I see. So Judgment not having QR probably is on the dev team? It’s very unfortunate. Hopefully we’ll see this improving.

I DID notice that Flight Simulator now uses it.

Interesting to see if Hellblade 2 next gen patch goes to PS.

If it doesnt I hope an eventual X|S patch for 76 finds a way to stay Xbox only considering it wasnt promised before the acquisition like ESO and Doom.

I don’t think they’ll bother with Hellblade, for F76 it’s a 50/50 imo: they could get away with it because it will be next year (at the very minimum, maybe even later) and the acquisition will be fully accepted, but they could enrage active players on PS, not merely fanboys or journous who don’t play the game and are only engaged in controversies.

1 Like

Director’s Plus is here

Direct X Ray Tracing. :yum:

1 Like

Does anyone know if the 3 year upgrade for 1 dollar for gamepass ultimate still works?

Ninja Theory are such wizards, they’ll put out a patch for Hellblade 2 for PS5, but not release the base game for PS5, even before it’s officially finished.

Snickers

I know what you meant, it’s just funnier to be like this.

Probably and hope not. Time to leave the past behind :rofl:

1 Like

Like I dont mind if PS keeps getting content updates for F76 but for something that hasnt been announced I would like for it to be X|S only thing but oh well. I reckon that F76 for perception purposes wont do that.

I don’t why people are expecting the Hellblade patch for PS5. This is an entirely different situation I feel.

FO76 is still getting updated contents across multiple platforms, same with ESO.

Hellblade hasnt been mentioned on PlayStation since it’s release in 2017.

FOUR YEARS AGO.

3 Likes

Aren’t there people paying a subscription service for F76? Don’t like XGS wasting time on patches for the other system, but if people are still actively paying a subscription fee for F76 it would be rather shitty to deny them the update