XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Well, maybe they will make some special editions like this one :rofl:

7 Likes

August is always a very special time for us at Team Xbox. This time of the year we would normally pack our stuff and meet our fans and community in Cologne, Germany at gamescom. This year, however, gamescom will be a 100% virtual experience that you can tune in to from all over the world. The good news is that Xbox will be at gamescom 2021 and you can join with your very own front-row seat as we share the latest updates and gameplay for some of the biggest games coming soon to Xbox.

Here’s an overview of what you can expect from us at gamescom 2021:

Tune in for all the action at the gamescom 2021 Xbox Stream

To warm you up for gamescom week we’ll be airing the official gamescom 2021 Xbox Stream, hosted by Parris Lilly and Kate Yeager. Join us on August 24 at 10:00am PT/6:00pm BST/7:00pm CEST to learn more about our biggest exclusive games line up ever.

You’ll get in-depth updates from some of our previously announced Xbox Game Studios titles alongside some of our third-party partners, including some of the incredible titles coming to Xbox this holiday, upcoming releases to our monthly subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, and much more.

2 Likes

Hm, I thought it would similar to Xbox E3 Showcase where almost no talking and just games

Nah, Gamescom sadly isn’t like that IIRC.

Gamescom isn’t a E3 2.0, it’s a much smaller thing usually. They tend to retread the same things at E3 and have smaller announcements and showings. Expect things like more Halo stuff we might see Forge or something like a preview for the next test flight. Don’t expect Starfield Gameplay or things like that.

They’ll probably have something cool and new to announce but just keep ya expectations in check.

I personally don’t even remember what Gamescom is even about

It’s really a gamer convention like comic con but for games, most of the time it’s just companies showing their E3 stuff again to european gamers and people can go and play games. I think the gears 5 story trailer was shown at Gamescom last time around.

1 Like

I see.

Does this kinda confirm they won’t be announcing anything new from first party?

I mean, it makes sense, we know what the majority of the studios are working on already, it’s just that they’re all super far out still.

Hopefully amongst the announced XGS titles, we get to see gameplay from Avowed or Fable (highly unlikely). Will be disappointed if it’s just more Forza Horizon 5 or Age of Empires 4 (both of which I’m super excited but I feel we’ve seen a lot from those games already).

1 Like

Ahh ffs 3am again. I’ll still get up though.

1 Like

Most likely, like I said Gamescom isn’t E3 2.0 they don’t tend to announce anything big there they just mop up from E3. They’ll show us things like Halo Infinite test flight preview or forge and things of that nature. They would have had every big announcement at E3 they wouldn’t save something for Gamescom.

edit: then again after reading it again previously announced games could be anything… they have announced E3 2021 or The Game Awards 2019 (hellblade 2) but again I don’t expect to hear anything big.

Ooooooh, nice, a Gamescom stream. I’m going to guess that Halo Infinite campaign, Redfall, and Avowed gameplay will be there personally.

I’m fine with this. They already have quite a bit announced, and I’m sure they’ll announce something new at the Game Awards.

I think the cooler trailers will be on Geoff show, otherwise they wouldn’t have signaled it on the same article, the one with Parris will be like E3 post show. Anyway this is good news, I didn’t expect a presence like this, they didn’t have a dedicated show (even if of the scope of an Inside Xbox) last year for example. Speaking of Inside Xbox, they have really canned that format, huh?

then again, they do say this

that’s what I was wondering lol

This is a chance to finally get that Avowed update and since Redfall has been announced too, maybe that too?

It’s either that or QC or TGA, and for Avowed only TGA is left then.

1 Like

I’d say to be safe just go into it thinking it’s just a fancier Inside Xbox :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh boy, Avowed isn’t exactly a game coming soon. I wonder if even Redfall falls under that.

Oooh we might see Scorn, Bright Memory Infinite and that F2P shooter with the campaign from Remedy that I can’t remember the name of, oh and The Gunk.

Probably the reason why some of them are in this Game Pass slide

6 Likes

Avowed and As Dusk Falls are two more that instantly come to mind from XGS side.

1 Like

I hope we finally get to see more of As Dusk Falls, which I think everyone is sleeping on under the XGSP label.