XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

I read it is still available for someone on Facebook, what she did was

Go to the store on Xbox and search Diablo, choose Eternal Collection, go down, choose bundle, choose evil edition. She said it still works like this.

Try it out :wink:

haha I come here to see if there Xbox news for the day

1 Like

I claimed and downloaded it yesterday, and it worked. However it seems MS got wind of it, and the game needs a disc or a purchase to work now.

Iā€™m sorry but I keep seeing people saying that halo infinites budget is 500 million and the graphics look like a 360 game is that true. I think someone from here said itā€™s false but canā€™t remember.

The 500 million is complete bogus and is only peddled by console warriors looking for cheap shots. Although the game is obviously going to be expensive to make considering how many people have worked on it and for how long.

2 Likes

500mil is not unrealistic, but saying the game looks like a 360 game is nonsense. It looks spectacular in motion. As for the money, it adds up roughly like this:

343 has 750 employees. The average annual salary for a game dev is 100k in the US. The game is in development for 6 years.

100.000 x 750 x 6 = 450.000.000

I know not everyone at 343 earns 100k and not everyone is or has been working at Infinite the whole time. But it will be in that ballpark of 350 to 400mil plus marketing.

1 Like

Oooh I see. I had not tried to run the game yet, Rio busy with Dying Light. So it canā€™t be played?

I canā€™t play it at the very least.

Iā€™ve seen several 4K videos now of the MP and at the moment (unless I just misremember) visually it doesnā€™t look a great deal better than Halo 5 MP, maybe even 4 but Iā€™m not sure. 4 had some really good visuals. But again, itā€™s been a while that I played any of those, but that was my first impression. Iā€™m not floored by the visuals yet, hopefully the campaign can do that. Weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Same here. Decided to flcik on the Xbox to check it. Thatā€™s a bummer.

Yup, was hoping on a cheeky little free game, but alas

1 Like

Ah well, back to the uninstall with that badboy.

1 Like

I did search that and it said $59.99. Maybe itā€™s region specific? Either way, itā€™s all good. If I decide to buy it, I will just buy the $60 Prime Evil Collection.

1 Like

Yeah, but itā€™s gone for us all anyway now. Not a huge deal because Iā€™m way deep into Dying Light and so many other games. But free is always good of course, haha. For a second it seemed it was not a error, because it said free with Gold.

Oh shitā€¦

Thatā€™s BIG

1 Like

I wonder if COD will be delayed eventually.

2 Likes

I optimistically read that as ā€œCOD will disappear eventuallyā€.

9 Likes

Regarding Diablo:

It was probably part of the weekly Free Play Days program, but Microsoft didnā€™t make a big fuss out of it because of the whole Blizzard/Activision situation. Two Point Hospital was also part of the program this past weekend.

You can see how there wasnā€™t a blog post this week on Xbox Wire:

2 Likes

Glad to be here

2 Likes