XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Mmmh a Sonic Collection with an updated Unleashed, Colors and Generations in 4k/60 would be super nice.

Yep it sucks. My X900H died the other day. Apart from the VRR issue it’s a bloody great TV for the price. 4K HDR looks amazing on it.

Cool! One of the reasons I went with Sony over Samsung was for DV so can’t wait to try it out.

1 Like

This Techland engine is something else

3 Likes

Indeed

Dying Light was a great game. Expansion was solid too. Looking forward to seeing more of Dying Light 2 as it seems like there’s some kind of event or something this Thursday, the 27th which makes me wonder that if it happens, will they still be on Microsoft’s E3 2021 Showcase?

I started wondering if I was overselling the difference or anything with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla :), so I did a bunch of testing switching back and forth by toggling off Dolby Vision on my Xbox and then back on. WOW, it is honestly taking an already great looking game and taking it next level to jaw dropping on my TV with the richer colors and brighter highlights. I had two other people in the house make sure that I wasn’t crazy, and they agreed that it looked much better too. The reds on my character clothes and horse accessories are so much more vibrant for example. That same feeling of wow I had when seeing Dolby Vision HDR video content is absolutely present with gaming here. This is such an amazing system level feature that Xbox has coming for us all.

2 Likes

Sounds great. Can’t wait. Glad I won’t be playing Valhalla until July.

2 Likes

JFO2 is almost certainly happening and is probably in active development right as we speak.

Titanfall 3 however? Definitely not anytime soon given the absolute cash cow Apex is right now. :pensive:

And did you used to have that the black levels were just like dark gray instead of deep black with SDR when you used HDR10? Also, did you recalibrate HDR on the Xbox itself for DV or left it as it was?

It’s also a real possibility that your TV jumped to a different picture mode, more vibrant since it’s not getting a HDR10 signal from the Xbox. Probably if you change the settings for DV exactly to that for HDR10, it likely will be the same.

1 Like

Should this be pinned? The one that seems to be pinned takes you to part 2 only

1 Like

Do we have a thread title suggestion? :slight_smile:

Absolutely not, I made 100% sure that the TV was in equivalent picture modes for my checking. The difference is real and amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

To humor myself I decided to reinstall Call of Duty Advance Warfare and attempt to complete the campaign. I’m super impressed with the visual fidelity for a game designed around the 2014 Xbox One. It destroys the visuals of the 360 games yet it was cross gen. Does the campaign have better visuals than the multiplayer? I’m super impressed.

I don’t remember the multiplayer being anything special. I’m not a call of duty person. I bought this game back in December of 2014 for like $40 or something on Christmas Day.

More battlefield leaked.

show sir

https://m.imgur.com/a/JSl0teE
https://m.imgur.com/a/Vrww9xg

I’ll eat my entire house if that explosion is in game.

1 Like

nice nice