XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Agree

Not even game pass. On raw output right now Xbox is vastly superior right now and all that it waiting to see is if the quality (which is subjective) can match it.

Tried out Xcloud. Played Dragon Quest and Yakuza LAD. Figured they would be easiest with touch as I didnā€™t want to connect a controller. There was some lag in places but still a pretty cool experience. I do want to try a match of Halo just to see how it goes.

If I were to assume Xbox using a pure data centric approach assuming honest Xcloud usage:

I suspect, if more ppl try out Xcloud ā†’ will lead to more dedicated blades you can get for that region ā†’ And the faster the service improves for your region.

Interesting. I heard about Rainway a while back but it didnā€™t occur to me that it could influence latency.

I have played Halo 5 via Xcloud like way long ago and it played pretty good. Even finished first on my team lmao.

No, that would be competition.

Gamepass renders their business model obsolete.

1 Like

Sure but even at the traditional model xbox output >sony.

Iā€™m going to try it tonight. Iā€™m going to pitch it to my brothers who refuse to play anything without a PlayStation controller. They donā€™t care about the box just the controller and Iā€™m pretty sure you can Bluetooth any controller right?

Yes

Pc cloud gaming will propel gamepass to 50 million subscribers by the end of 2022.

1 Like

Donā€™t care what people say, I like the new box-art for games, especially next-gen only ones.

2 Likes

Oof next gen only and cheaper than playstation games still yikes these comparisons probably gonna happen all gen if Microsoft doesnā€™t raise the price to 70

1 Like

Hmmm mass effect got a patch is X/S enhanced and is transferable to external HDD and still be played with the enhancements

Because its not a Series X|S game per say.

1 Like

True but not every game upgraded/optimized for series x/s support it

I have a lingering feeling ill play this for 10 minutesā€¦ get confusedā€¦ then never play it again. lmao

Weā€™ll see.

Just played xcloud in my browser at work and it was easy to do and worked super well. Amazing. I love that I can just go to Xbox.com and play my games

3 Likes

Itā€™s awesome is what it is!

1 Like