XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

lol his show was so boring though, the pacing was so sad and had so much filler with random celebrities announcing unrelated stuff, they even showed a movie trailer during a game show. Only thing good was evil dead, elden ring and planet of lana

1 Like

I mean, is this really happening? :chief_think: @Shpeshal_Nick

1 Like

man this is very good. :heart_eyes:

I liked the new box. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope not honestly, it would spark unhealty expectations for Xbox ecosystem, Nintendo users are just a tad less toxic than PS users on average, otherwise they would not commit to Nintendo practices.

I dont think Master Chief going to Smash is bad. i mean, Smash is ridiculously popular, especially in Japan. would be a very good form of marketing for Halo Infinite.

Banjo Kazooie and Steve are already there. why not the Master Chief? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I kind a preferred the old one. Oh well

1 Like

Banjo has a legacy on Nintendo platform and Minecraft is not tied to any platform (Mojang does not even use the Play Anywhere library on their games, lmao). Master Chief is another thing imo, 1m after you’ll have Nintendo fanatics screaming and demanding Halo ports.

I would not fall in despair, but I don’t like it very much as a concept, considering I don’t like very much Nintendo, even if I don’t deny their objective merits. Imo certain walls should not be broken, I wouldn’t see the merit in Kratos as a KI character as well for example.

I’m imagining that show without the xboxera staff making it better and…holy shit. That would have been unmitigated brutality

Sans the Xbox show and very few other little scattered high points, there are plenty of people who could talk shit about this lackluster E3 weekend and some awful shows put forth…Geoff is NOT one of those people that can say anything though

His show was aboslute, bloated, constantly interupted, boring music act, boring celebrity interview laden DOG SHIT. That couldn’t even redeem itself with showing one of the most anticipated games shown all weekend. All that did was raise it from shity shit shit shit, to just shit shit shit…Not to show off what a wordsmith I am

Basically, Spencer confirmed again that the transition to Series X inside de server blades will be done this month :

3 Likes

I think the truth is, the way a lot of these people get their following is sadly by taking advantage of kids and very lonely people. People that just want something to latch on to

You and I can see a grown man that seems like a completely unlikable, douchebag who offers nothing in terms of knowledge or entrtainment in his livestream. And some 9 year old see’s him and thinks, this guy is cool right? He must be, he’s on Twitch or Youtube with a gaming chair, a big energy drink and tattoos and says and does what he wants. I wanna be like him some day. Or someone who had a crappy upbringing and has serious anger and personality issues sees the guy making a living by shitting on everything and feels like, “yeah, this guy gets me. I’m gonna follow him and say the same dumb shit in chat all day.”

Or worse, some horny teenager, or lonely old guy sees the hot gamer girl and will do anything to feel a connection of some kind and sends donations and nice comments and shits on anyone who dares disagrees with her. Meanwhile you, or I may look at her for a few minutes and be like yeah you’re pretty cute but there is nothing else to this. You don’t know shit about the games you play, you suck at them and most of the time you’re just saying the same 4, or 5 things to your chat and vaping, while cosplaying Harley Quinn

It’s all different forms of grifting, that unfornunately can work out very well for the ones who were lucky enough to break through the membrane . So it’s simply not going away any time soon

3 Likes

I agree, unfortunately professional streamers/youtubers who actually inform people are the minority.

Yeah it’s tough to weed through to find the good ones

A lot of the informative ones can even start to suck to watch after a while. Because they get such a sense of themselves that they think anything they say, or do is worth while and interesting. The ones that stay humble and passionate about what they’re doing and talking about? Those are the ones I respect. And they’re a rare breed

And on a side note, if you’re someone like me who sometimes likes to find playthroughs of good story games, like a Red Dead 2, or The Last of Us, or Mass Effect, because it can be cool to see people’s reactions as a way to relive a lot of the big moments in those games. Finding the actual good ones, who get invested, pay attention, and come across as actual genuine likeable people? It can be a remarkably frustrating slog

19 out of 20 turn to be such vapid, phony, morons that I often just give up looking. They’re just following trends and looking for easy clicks, likes, donations etc. And have no interest in actually earning it

2 Likes

Duuuuuude, you’re talking my language now. Gothic was amazing back then. If I remember correctly this was around the time of Oblivion and Gothic had many elements that were just so much better. I love both games, but Gothic was something else. I was in love with that game world, how alive it felt. NPCs doing their jobs during daytime and sleeping at night, same for enemies. Creatures actually slept. Gothic 2 was great as well but I don’t think I ever bothered with 3.

3 Likes

Yeah, good information channels are rarer than platinum in this era of hype and clickbait news.

Could it be true?

Could it really be true?

WORT WORT WORT

Hum… I don’t understand but I second this :

1 Like

Wort Wort Wort

Look, I know it can be traumatic, but there is help out there man

I find these do the job…

1 Like

If OtherERA, and a a few insiders are to be believed…

1 Like

“Master Chief finishes the fight!”

Can absolutely see him being the final character in Smash Ultimate, which would be unquestionably huge for all sides.