XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

I don’t think Game Pass Ultimate subscribers get the FH5 Ultimate Edition. It’s only ever happened one time and that was Gears 5. It was just a once off it seems.

There’s a premium addons bundle you can buy for FH5 that works with Game Pass (including the early unlock), they had the same thing for FH4.

I can’t wait to hear the excuses and narratives they come up with after E3 2022. That is gonna be some Houdini tier spectacle man.

3 Likes

I have to say how absolutely stoked I am to see Eiyuden Chronicles on stage at Xbox and for people to be able to play via Game Pass. I’m a backer so I have a tilt, but this is the spiritual successor to some of my favorite games (Suikoden series) and it’s great to see it have the big stage spotlight. :blush:

5 Likes

I am a backer too, so I might just give my copy to my friend that’s on playstaiton

1 Like

That’s really nice of you. I was thinking of being selfish and getting it on Switch for my backer copy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I think in the first 5 or so backers lol. Loved Suikoden!

1 Like

I’ve never played the series, but decided to back it since it’s JRPG support for xbox. So, I was like might as well give it a shot since i’ve heard good thing about the series, and the game looked interesting

1 Like

If you ever get the chance, play them. Suikoden I and II especially.

1 Like

And you can play them on Xbox through Retroarch on Dev Mode. Highly recommended.

2 Likes

Hopefully with legally obtained copies of the game.

Is this an Aussie thing or something to tell people to temper their expectations :grin:.

Looking at Game Pass schedules, it seems Warhammer Darktide was quietly delayed to 2022 (even Scorn is still there, but not Darktide), if it’s true, it might be for the best, a launch near Back 4 Blood would have stolen its thunder, being a very similar game, but without the “creators of Left 4 Dead” recognition. Fatshark is very talented and Vermintide 2 is gorgeous, they should launch in a window without similar games.

4 Likes

I agree. I was hoping that game would come out in the summer and that is obviously not happening and it would obviously be counter productive to release near Back 4 Blood.

I still hope we’ll see it again at Gamescom or TGA (like last year), we haven’t had any news since december.

Did you play the first game? I bought it on sale and haven’t gotten around to trying it yet.

Why they didn’t announce it during that terrible Koch Media event? They are all under Embracer after all, meh.

Yep. I played it on Xbox One , very shortly because I was too busy with other stuff. The first one runs beautifully at 60fps too. These games have a certain charm to them, there is a lot to love but you have to get past the jankiness of combat and the laughable facial expressions.

1 Like

Cool, I don’t mind jank. I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

Growing up with the Gothic series I’m still amazed how Piranha Bytes didn’t change or evolve in the last 20 years. Amazing environmental story telling with janky combat. Still looking forward to Elex 2.

1 Like