XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Disappointing that Series S does not get ray tracing but playing Doom Eternal at 120fps on a $250 box is not too shabby.

Hahah it was just me and @Blast_The_Bass shouting TITLE CARD BRUNO :wink:

2 Likes

I want this image but as an animated wallpaper for XSX.

I will probably go for the RT mode. I expect Doom to look very pretty with that.

1 Like

The Guardian of the galaxy game showing was soo bad. The game looked last gen and it looked soo rough in every aspect. How can they even showcase a game like that

1 Like

Agree, but Babylon’s Fall looked worse, how the hell Square Enix or Platinum games decide to show the game in that current state.

4 Likes

Bad companies->bad decisions

5 Likes

The other game from Ninja Gaiden creators looked terrible too (might playb well)

Everything from squares shows looked bland amd outdated

2 Likes

Respectfully, I would hope the opposite! In my ideal world, developers would agnostically push devices to their limit and the more powerful device would come out ahead (and the others would still have a great showing) :smiley:

Just wanted to share this here, if you haven’t seen it already. Big thank you from me to all of you guys!

<3

30 Likes
1 Like

Good for them in this cutthroat industry. This game does really sound like it will be a GaaS judging by their comments, which is not surprising when it is a fps I believe.

It’s going to be really difficult in future to compete with Microsoft in GaaS titles.

The industry in general. There are a lot of games out there competing for players time and money. I have to imagine that those type of games from Sony will be day one on PC otherwise they are leaving a massive audiance.

2nd part of the tweet is interesting how these studios aren’t acquisition targets. I guess if these studios do become available Sony will have data to know if it’s worth acquiring, and also first dibs since relationship has been built

I personally like both of xbox and sony strategies right now. Nice of Sony to work with these veteran studios giving them a shot at making something unique. Truly capable due to the high quality work of their internal studios.

1 Like

I might be getting my rumors mixed up since so many went around the past couple weeks but wasn’t there one about a big FPS being day one on Game Pass? Some thought it was Battlefield but now we know that wasn’t it… But of course it could have been one of the games they showed yesterday. Maybe Back 4 Blood?

I ask him that and he only replied with a cryptic timestamped video from one of the Xbox Era pdocasts.

@Shpeshal_Nick should have just said yes to cover his bases and lose some fraud points :phil_lmao:

1 Like

May NPD post here

1 Like