XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Moon Studios also did some custom work on Unity.

Just like UE4 for Coalition team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But you canā€™t compare racing games to UE4 as Racing engines are built very differently. And yes you can produce results similar to TLOU2 in UE4. You just have to customize the engine to your liking like The Coalition does. The Coalition has many features which are used first in Gears Games and then it transfers over to the latest UE engine update on a later date.

As far as open world is concerned yes UE4 doesnā€™t do open world well but it can still under a good studio. Like Racing Game Engines, Open world Engines are build differently, the best being Ubisoft and Cry Engine. But they seem to be fixing that UE5, hence they showed the vast open world landscape.

But still Unreal Engine is the most versatile engines out there, there is a much easier learning curve and optimizing is also quite easier, plus there is tons of support for bugs and errors.

2 Likes

yeah I mentioned that though lol, didnā€™t I? My bad if it wasnā€™t clear.

Google Stadia showing signs of lifeā€¦ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Working at 343 must be hell because it seems like everybody in the world like media sites, fanboys, Halo fans, and even Grandmaā€™s dog wants you to fail.

6 Likes

Rainbow Six: Extraction has been revealed (previously Rainbow Six: Quarantine):

2 Likes

So it went from Quarentine, to Parasite to Extraction.

Canā€™t say Iā€™m a fan of the final name.

Far Cry will have a third person mode through out the game

5 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s pretty great.

We saw this during the trailer, but I thought it was just the devs pulling the camera back.

1 Like

Speaking of that trailer, I hope they hire someone to work on lipsync/facial animations.

:joy:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1401937651423494150?s=20

1 Like

Yeah it wasnā€™t great, and definitely brings the presentation down a notch.

1 Like

FYI - Iā€™m going to make the official XboxEra betting challenge thread tonight; if any of you have good bets you want included, nowā€™s your chance.

1 Like

My initial reaction; that shouldā€™ve been part of it day one.

4 Likes

What are the odds for ā€˜ā€˜From the ground upā€™ā€™ ? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:eyes:

8 Likes

This isnā€™t entirely accurate. It will be third-person in cutscenes, when in the camp, and when using the backpack abilities, otherwise it will be first-person.

2 Likes

Loopmancer looks rad

reminds me a bit of Shadow Complex

4 Likes