XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Just replied on similar lines.

Decima is putting out a pretty good looking game in (presumably) the next 6 months. Maybe they aren’t interested in an immature UE5.

1 Like

For the Movies and TV Shows. What Epic is doing for production there is industry changing. It’s been a huge success as shown by The Mandalorian and everyone in entertainment wants in.

3 Likes

My guess is Sony believes Bend can do what they want to do In House With Decima which

1. Pushes the graphics
  2. Reduced bugs

Yeah but the way they showcased the UE5 demo for games and made the case that the demo was only possible on Playstation. Now they are the ones least focusing on the engine

1 Like

Sony got what they wanted out of it, all the hype for their PS5, and despite the reality of it, many will still believe the lie. It matters less if they use the engine for games.

The Virtual Production is what Hollywood is moving in on, even more so because of the pandemic. Podcast talking to Epic Games about it:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday my man!

No way Im 9 hours into TLOU2 and Im barely halfway through Ellie’s story.

Ngapa Why Would You Do This To Me GIF

1 Like

BRIGHT MEMORY INFINITE new update. New trailer dropping next Thursday, June 10.

“All GamePlay have been developed, we will enter the stage of dubbing and music. A new trailer For Bright Memory: Infinite will be unveiled at the GameSpot ‘Play For All’.”

3 Likes

Just played some Warhammer Vermintide 2 online with some randoms and that was surprisingly fun lol.

2 Likes

Game took me over 40 hours on hard difficulty with a lot of the assist options off. It’s definitely a long game. Should have been around the 25-30 hour mark. A lot of it is just unnecessary in my opinion.

Super hyped for Bright Memory Infinite. Looks excellent!!! Hoping it releases this year but im thinking it gets pushed to 2022 which is okay. Let Zeng Xiancheng get the time he needs to make this game as great as possible. Looking forward to the new gameplay trailer.

somebody gotta tell Tom to temper expectations lol

4 Likes

Oh nice. Homogenizing their games with the same premise, perspective, themes, and genres wasn’t enough—gotta make sure they’re all on the same technology, too.

I liked how Days Gone looked and felt on Unreal. I don’t think Decima allows games to differentiate themselves visually to the degree of a Sea of Thieves and Gears 5 on Unreal. It’s a great engine, but that prestine shine is present in all of its games.

you know more than the engineers at Bend and Guerrilla?

So many assumptions made here in your post it’s startling.

1 Like

It’s a forum. We discuss, speculate and shoot the shit.

It seemed weird that the UE demo last year was done on PS5 when it seems like none of their inhouse studio uses unreal. I could be wrong about that part

1 Like

No you seem to be accurate lol

1 Like

Sony’s investment in Unreal is NOT for games, it’s for vfx and virtual production because Sony does movies and entertainment as well. The demo was surely hyped to seem like there was something particularly unique about PS5 in realizing that demo which it wasn’t, but that’s Sony’s marketing for you.

Im pretty sure that was done because the ps5 was not in the news for weeks and xbox was getting all the PR.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Zel_has_arrived/status/1401586110145306627

Is it known that Ske7ch was definitively referring to this “minimal/lack of campaign presence” thing at E3 when he was debunking “insider rumors”