XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Man Listening to the Era podcast today and the shootign down of the xbox handheld hurts lol. I will keep hope alive

1 Like

Replaying mass effect god I love this franchise Microsoft dropped the ball not buying them when they had the chance

1 Like

Pretty sure MS wanted that, but it wasn’t as simple as it seems.

Probably

The Xbox Twitter account is seriously posting some hit tweets lately haha 32K likes for a simple tweet like that.

5 Likes

Didn’t know it’s possible to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on PS5 but sure.

1 Like

Well haven’t played it yet since it hasn’t hit The Series yet.

1 Like

Weren’t they owned by a holding company that also owned Pandemic and they were set up that you had to buy both studios or something? I can totally see why Microsoft didn’t go for Bioware because they would have also owned a studio they didn’t want and neither did EA it would seem because they closed Pandemic only a few years later.

No idea why some people get mad if you say anything positive about ps5 on here lol :joy::joy:

3 Likes

It’s got nice games but I mentioned in another thread the little things are why mine collects dusts. No quick resume sucks and is jarring to not have after getting used to it.

1 Like

Yeaah like quick resume is a technology that doesn’t even exist anywhere else rn, and once the Direct Storage api matures and gets integrated on windows 10 sometime this or next year, I suppose it’ll be coming to PC as well, so I’m hyped for that.

I’m hoping MS at least gets the KOTOR remake day 1 on GP. It’s a game heavily tied to their history in the same way FF7 was for PS1, and look how Sony has tied down that remake. I wouldn’t care for KOTOR Remake to be exclusive or whatever but I feel its important that they try getting it day 1 on gamepass.

5 Likes

No idea why some people get mad if you point out the truth on here lol :joy::joy:

I’ve seen enough rumors to believe Microsoft did indeed approach lucasfilm games to at least try to license a star wars ip. It could all be bollocks but I will choose to believe

1 Like

I was rewatching this and realizing just how opposite this situation is today lol

How about a new Dark Forces by 343i? Or a new TIE Fighter by Asobo?

So according to Jaffe

Bend Studio’s new IP is using Decima and not UE. That kinda seems like a Sony mandate no?

1 Like

Hard to say without knowing more about what their next game entails. Decima has proven itself to be adapt at open world games while UE has not, although that does mean Bend is throwing away all that effort to customise UE and obviously their systems.

1 Like

One of the reasons the excited reaction to the initial UE5 reveal from sony only’s was so odd, was PS games don’t often even use UE

Don’t know if that will change this gereation. Probably not though, seeing how one of the only ones who did last gen, isn’t even sticking with it this time

4 Likes

I find it weird. What was the point of investing in Epic if Sony is pretty much going to use their in house engines whereas on the contrary majority the Xbox Studios seems to be using Unreal Engine a lot.

Maybe Sony invested for their Movies and television department. Who knows?