XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

“The last Arkane title on PS5 ever…” would be a more fitting description. :wink:

11 Likes

Yeah, agreed.

We’d have Deathloop in October this year then, Ghostwire…who knows when that’s dropping. I wonder why Xbox decided to just let it be. I’m guessing it’s too big of a legal hassle to cancel such deals.

Fire Marshal Bill GIF

2 Likes

I’m almost 99% sure that it only was for optics, I doubt that contracts were ironclad with billion dollars exit clauses, they are not big profile games and we saw much bigger “surprises” in the past, like when MS burned Apple exclusivity for Halo like instantly, XD. Imo they don’t see these two games as very important.

2 Likes

Why does everyone think that the contract terms are as simple as that? Sony may have been unwilling to break the contract, no matter what Microsoft were to offer. I’m not sure why everyone assumes that Microsoft was just playing nice here. It could (and likely may) be that Sony and Microsoft both approached the situation like competitors and there was nothing Microsoft could do about the pre-existing terms.

3 Likes

We don’t know. I think it, ufortunately, fits into the “wE aRe sO niCE”-bit that Xbox has been the sole advocate for and practitioner of in the gaming industry.

8 Likes

More likely GTA 5 umpteenth drop

These uh…these mashed potatos are the bomb, Mrs White

1 Like

Fixed.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

@andrew_schmidt

Happy Birthday bud!!! :smiley:

Great to see

9 Likes

lol

3 Likes

Wow this is great. :star_struck:

Xbox PC still has a lot to improve. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks buddy :+1:

1 Like

6 Likes

It’s console exclusive (Steam release the same day). I’m like 50% sure that it’s an “unpaid exclusive” like Nier Automata once was, so I’m halfheartedly hoping to see an Xbox version get added (not really expecting it though)

What the cinnamon toast fuck is this?

EDIT: Nevermind, should have read the bottom first

I actually thought at first some fake insider went through the trouble to make this big flow chart of what will happen in order at the E3 show, then a got the 2nd row and realized, nope not that

1 Like

Watching the Jeff Grubb video now…

He’s at a loss why Elden Ring won’t be at Xbox show. Doesn’t have anything to do with Game Pass. Something must have gone weird but doesn’t want to speculate.

MS was going to pay them to have the game in their show, Geoff isn’t. This is why he doesn’t get it. What overrides that?

He answers questions about games…

Avowed. Still thinks it won’t be at E3. That around the time they had the Playlist for the show it wasn’t ready at that time. Doesn’t mean they can’t go back and decide it’s too important to not show it.

Elden Ring on Game Pass? Says these decisions are made very late, mentioned Outriders as example. Which was quite close to launch.

Kojima deal? Too early for it to be at E3, doesn’t know if it’s closed. Nothing what Kojima is doing with MS would prevent Kojima from working with PS again, if PS so chooses. He thinks it’s unlikely PS wants to work with Kojima, unless he just wants to make a MG game, any other weird shit…get out of here. Which was him speculating.

But he’s going to make a game for MS. Nothing changed there. Cloud game.

Know anything more about Project Omen? He knows a sliver more, but not worth sharing. This is the kind of stuff they will tell us at the show.

Anything from Sony this month? He thinks there won’t be.

Stalker 2 at E3? It might be in like a sizzle reel, doesn’t seem to know if it will be at the show.

Dragon’s Dogma 2? He thinks it could be, because of that hack.

7 Likes