XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

It would really be the ultimate anti Hindle move.

2 Likes

Most likely one of the CG trailers, then. But man, a sequel already, that’s fast. It’s also a sci-fi setting, just like Starfield. If they unveil ToW 2, but Avowed isn’t, that would just be odd. You can have a really nice portion of Obsidian actually. A first look at Avowed, a grounded update and then announcement of ToW 2.

Buf if Avowed isn’t, it won’t be for the reason that some of us here speculated. That no big RPGs will be revealed or shown before Starfield is out.

On Avowed Miles just said there is conflicting information. It would be crazy if Obsidian showed up with 3 games.

Project Typhoon - open world action co-op game, been in the works for a while and might have a 2022 release date from a AAA 3rd party partner. I think this could be gameplay if it’s 2022.

I think the entire crux of what he was saying was based around it not having a Battle Royale mode. The call out of CTF and Halo ass Halo makes me lean that way. Maybe Grubb thinks 4v4 arena is old hat and the people on the fence about the game want a Warzone style experience and since they’re not doing that the reaction won’t be favorable.

Maybe Grubb isn’t that big of a Halo fan in general because a “Halo ass Halo” is all the fanbase has been yelling about.

1 Like

Hmmm, I see. Thanks!

We’ll just have to wait and see then.

if they show up with 3 games, I will buy avowed collectors edition

2 Likes

I wonder what would happen with collectors editions, I hope they have ones just with the cool stuff and not the game because I won’t need it since game pass. Collectors editions could be a great way to claw some money back from game sales because I would easily buy a boat load of collectors editions of games going into game pass from 1st party.

1 Like

I’m a huge rpg fan, and I hope they go all out with the collectors edition. hopefully they do it like red dead redemption 2 which didnt have the game, that would be cool. but either way I am really interested to see what they come up with

1 Like

I dont think so. Id imagine with BGS showing up they want to highlight themselves and say “Hey dont forget we are here too”. Despite being under Xbox Im sure both want to one up each other so Id understand them going all out.

1 Like

They announced a partnership with Limited Run Games which is amazing to see I hope we get a TON of cool collectors editions for all the 1st party games :smiley:

4 Likes

For the Sea of Thieves players in here both Miles and Rand are saying there will be a trailer for a huge expansion.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting so much for this E3 actually to see 343 give another, but better look at their sandbox. I read their blogs, it’s really something I’d love to see in action. What have they changed or added, cool little new things. With that I mean wildlife, I loved the wildlife in the very first trailer, and they talked in their blog about wildlife. Things like that really add to the overall experience, immersion.

We just have no idea right now what we’ll get to see, campaign wise, but man I hope we get something. The wait till launch is still long enough!

Yeah, when Grubb said what he said about Halo I slightly got the impression that it won’t be all that special. We know 343 is going back to the roots, one look at their box art and it’s enough, not to mention the demo last year. But there will be new stuff in here, can’t imagine it not being after they worked their asses off on this for so long.

Maybe they’re already at that point that they’ve got so many RPGs in development… they don’t give a shit when they announce them.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Otherwise, it’s a strange move.

3 Likes

Rand also expects Outer Worlds 2 so it seems very likely to be there now!

2 Likes

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

2 Likes

Polar region incoming :thinking:?

They cannot say much but people who are in the preview program say that big things are in the pipeline.

2 Likes

I find these prediction videos a bit weird, who was thinking that Outer Worlds 2 was being announced any time soon, to me it seems like they just know and its not much of a prediction haha.