XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Avowed and As Dusk Falls are two more that instantly come to mind from XGS side.

1 Like

I hope we finally get to see more of As Dusk Falls, which I think everyone is sleeping on under the XGSP label.

We might get some gameplay of the announced games, but for example won’t see - I believe - the game from Compulsion.

Redfall gameplay or would that be at quakecon?

Also remember that “Soon” in the gaming industry isn’t the “Soon” we would define as soon.

“Soon” in gaming time is like 6 months if not more.

We should probably funnel this talk into the thread just created for it:

2 Likes

I still believe we will see Redfall on QuakeCon. MS just doesn’t have enough studio to feed us with game and new announcements on every event.

I want to know, what is gonna happen in September.

1 Like

Also congrats to Parris for his second official Xbox event hosting gig!

8 Likes

That’s what I was thinking as well. I’m not gonna get my hopes up yet for Avowed, because that’s not a game that is coming anytime soon. Redfall is coming in a year from now, is that soon for them? There is no guarantee.

When Obsidian said soon for a update on their game it can mean anything. Two months after they said that would be soon, but as you said it can be six months or more too. I’m just gonna go and expect Avowed trailer for TGA then.

I think maybe Avowed could have a shot here because typically Obsidian games resonate more with the Euro crowd.

So I’m thinking:

• AoE stuff (IV, II and III DLC)
  • Avowed
  • As Dusk Falls
  • The stuff from last year’s showcase like Gunk and Scorn.
3 Likes

One thing to keep in mind about Redfall is that it is a Bethesda game, so they handle the marketing for that game and not the usual Xbox publishing arm. I would therefore put money on it being at Quakecon rather than Gamescom if I had to make a bet which is more likely.

That’s why I say that I think that we will see gameplay of Redfall on QuakeCon

Just looked it up and QuakeCon is in 10 days. Huh. That’s awfully close to Gamescom.

1 Like

Also this raises an interesting question:

Microsoft announces this live-stream seemingly out of nowhere, after only vaguely confirming a presence at GamesCom.

So, while I’m expecting very little from it now after the Greenberg tweet, this does raise an interesting question:

Could we possibly have a X021, 20th Anniversary Stream squirreled away in November to celebrate 20 years of Xbox, 1 year of Series X|S, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite Launch?

Also is XboxERA super slow for anyone else?

Yep.

1 Like

Hmmm, true too!

Getting a update on As Dusk Falls Scorn and The Gunk would be great, especially since the latter is still listed as 2021.

Really wonder what As Dusk Falls is going for. Will it be like a Telltale style game or a more serious, adult style tone and gameplay wise what can we expect? It’s stuff to look forward to at least.

It’s made up of veterans from QuanticDream, specifically Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

It’ll probably be more in line with that.

2 Likes

I just wanted to give a further explanation to people why it is the case :wink:.

Holy shit, I didn’t know that. Now they got my attention.

1 Like