XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Yea which is focused on games as it should always be

Yep. I’ll eventually re-watch them all like I usually do every year. lol

Honestly, I think this comes down to three reasons.

1. Fallout 76 has been saved. While it’s not a beloved Bethesda title by any stretch of the imagination, it is considered in its modern incarnation to be pretty good for fans.

2. Bethesda Game Studios hasn’t released a new IP in like 25 years. That is worth the hype alone.

3. CDPR, the “good Bethesda” has shown to be so much bloody worse in many regards to the point that people are re-evaluating older Bethesda titles and going “You know what, for what you had to do, good on ya Todd and team.” Bioware has similarly had a PR hit culminating with the cancellation of Anthem making Bethesda’s dedication to their players all the more apparent.

2 Likes

Last year I watched all E3 shows of Sony and Xbox from 2008 on and frankly there’s not much range variance from the best to the worst.

Oh god that Nintendo one from 08 yikes

1 Like

Ima be honest I hope F76 gets some shine at E3 and hope it gets a native next gen port. I know they can push this baby to 4k 60fps with proper patching.

Its a very fun game and I just hopped back with my friend for some base building and messing around.

2 Likes

Sure came a long way from Launch

I rewatched the E3 of dreams and while hindsight is always 20/20 to how these things play out, I don’t think it was the great show everyone hyped it up to be. Granted, it was a great show. FFVII Remake and Last Guardian return, UC4 Demo, Hitman, Horizon. But you also had Disney Infinity 3.0 which, while not a bad game, isn’t the type of thing for the E3 core even with Ninja Theory support and a way too long CoD demo.

I think it will get a trailer for Steel Reign (as it releases in July but it’s already playable in the PTS server on PC).

I hope too that it will get a next-gen update.

Nintendo 2008 was brutal. Nintendo 2016 where they up and skipped smarted as well, especially as a Wii U owner. Zelda looked great, but I was jealous of Xbox fans and the Recore blowout let alone Sony and their announcements.

Xbox during the kinect days and pre-E3 2013 were super rough as well.

Sony’s 2018 show was “show me gameplay, no cinematics” taken to its logical extreme with four massive vertical slices of Spidey, TLOU, GoT and Death Stranding. Between the brutal 25 minute break of nothing, the lack of announcements and the show being literally as good or bad for someone as their thoughts on watching those games, it was brutal. Like, I bought an Xbox because they killed it at E3 2018 and showed the value of the ecosystem and Sony barring Spidey showed me, someone who at the time hated TLOU (I find it ok now) showed me 30 minutes of it and some musical performances that while nice, went on long. I found it so pretentious.

It is kinda the reason why I’m ok saving a Starfield deep dive for later and want just a piece of Halo. I love Halo and especially love BGS, but Xbox is a place for diverse tastes and I don’t want to see someone tune out because they don’t care for Halo and have to get through 30 minutes of it just to see Psychonauts or Omen.

5 Likes

The second half of the Wii was so disappointing. I had the console but I completely lost interest after 2008-2009. It was so barren compared to the Gamecube. I don’t know what happened, it was like Nintendo did nothing with all the money they earned.

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s greater in everyone’s mind than it was in reality.

I would be more excited if they simply shadow dropped all the game trailer videos as well as some developer deepdives or interviews on YouTube with a PlayStation Blog / Xbox Wire writeup. That way I can skip the stuff I’m not interested in or find boring. Bonus of no wasted time when Sony can’t start on time or switch quickly between items. Not to mention the streaming quality will be vastly improved over these “live events”.

This moment was so embarrassing

Damn when he tries to kill the spider with the slingshot. Then the bow moment, so embarrassing

1 Like

I’m playing the Scarlet Nexus and it has some HEAVY Astral Chain vibes. I’m digging it, though. It feels like a little bit of Switch on my Xbox!

6 Likes

While Sony’s presentation was horrible, the games they showed weren’t and they did have reveals - Control from Remedy and Resident Evil 2 Remake from Capcom. Overall, they showed 9 games. 5 of which were day one for me. Best of all, gameplay. Activision also showed their annual COD game while Square Enix showed Kingdom Hearts III and there was a PSVR game called Deracine.

So for me, the quality was good and seeing gameplay for the four PS4 exclusives was huge since I was hyped for three of them. So again, presentation and format sucked but game wise, Sony nailed it for me.

1 Like

This is why we should not be freaking out cause remember we didn’t find out that e3 was happening till later than usual usually we find out if e3 is happening around January this year we didn’t until like March or April hell we don’t have a specific date for Xbox conference yet so we need to calm down until Microsoft officially talks about their conference like the date and time etc

lol you know what we need? An xbox conspiracy thread!!!.. It’d be mostly satire of course and we could talk about things that ms has done with xbox brand that are a little “sus”.

Also, is that leak compilation thread still being made or naah??

1 Like

Been working on another review, might be out by this weekend. :craig:

11 Likes

Fantastic game.

3 Likes

2 months in a row now.

Interesting point in the article

”We weren’t expecting customers to choose the Series S over the PS4 when both are in stock,” claims one store executive on the condition of anonymity. “A lot of them are just doing it for Xbox Game Pass, in fact the number one request is to help them set up Game Pass for GTA V.”

Simple as that - goal is to make Series S the better, next-gen ready “default” casual box to get by having these absolutely massively popular games on GP that still cost a lot of money to get on the competing console but can be simply gotten for a super low price on xbox to start playing said games. A lot of hardcore still fail to grasp one simple fact - a lot of people still buy consoles to literally just play one or two games mostly, and with the free to play gold requirement now gone, it’s gonna make it easier for Series S to get an ecosystem advantage over the Playstation.

Now, imagine something like Fifa 22 launching straight into Gamepass, the absolute pull that move shall have on selling Series S is undisputable. Series S being considered over PS4 is important, not because it is more powerful or “next-gen ready” but because it has enough leverage to replace the idea of “default casual console” which PS4 has been for the entire generation and Microsoft has to capitalize on this in markets where Sony still has a major userbase and mindshare, because this next quote is also very true.

That said, many aren’t expecting Microsoft’s lead to extend into May and beyond. Reason being, this May and June sees PS5 restocks. Though with retailers forcing PS5 bundles onto customers with Sony’s tacit approval, resulting in the PS5 price being nearly double of what it should cost, it will be interesting to see if this allows Microsoft to gain some ground in the months to come.

8 Likes