XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

can we perhaps stop using words like “pony”, “xbot”, etc here tho, it’s not really a good look imo.

9 Likes

It is getting toxic, I posted a tweet of how a narrative is shifting and I get 3 paragraph monologue of dissecting 140 characters and how ps now is better.

2 Likes

Edited it back to Sony :+1:

I agree.

Yet I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to use gifs. Sorry.

comedy central blake henderson GIF by Workaholics

4 Likes

that’s the beauty of the community tho, we all gotta be bosses of each other sometimes :wink:

Haha true.

Now were are those reports I asked you yesterday? Time is running out, needing them today.

1 Like

Bondage GIF by memecandy

3 Likes
9 Likes

I have the Kishi and I love it! The triggers could be tighter but overall it’s awesome.

1 Like

Tell me how it is. I’m debating trying it but I struggle with older games which typically have janky controls

15 Likes

Conan Obrian Applause GIF

3 Likes

There it is

2 Likes

For the Release date for Halo Infinite falls between November 12th and November 19th.

Agreed. Really looking forward to Fable and Hellblade 2. Hoping they get gameplay trailers at E3.

For me, it was 2016 where it started with Uncharted 4. Also, Ratchet & Clank remake. 2017 had Nioh (Sony published it in NA), Horizon Zero Dawn (which is the best new IP for the PS4/XBO), Uncharted Lost Legacy and Knack 2 was solid and far better than the first game. I also had Nex Machina and Matterfall from Housemarque. 2018 had God of War and Spider Man for me. 2019 was only Days Gone which I personally loved. 2020 had TLOUP2 which was disappointing for me but also gave me my 2020 goty with Ghost of Tsushima. That’s just for the PS4 generation 2016 and later.

PS5, thus far it’s just Spider Man: Miles Morales and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart which im extremely hyped for. Then eventually Horizon 2 and God of War Ragnarok. Doesn’t include the games im not interested in.

Agree with the Xbox games turning out to be highly polished and excellent. Even if there’s a few games that are years away, im really hoping that they show gameplay for them at E3. I’ll be very happy.

Switch Microsoft buys Bethesda with ZeniMax sells Bethesda to Microsoft and he would be right because ZeniMax was definitely desperate.

Finally!!! Solid black PS5 controller. Will trade in the two white PS5 controllers that were included in the PS5 bundle I bought and it will even out the cost of the black PS5 controller. All I need is those “official solid black console plates” and I will be set.

My guess is November 12th.

1 Like

I still say if it’s ready earlier, put it out earlier. Don’t do it in November, just because

Better to get a jump on other big fall releases, if you can…plus I don’t want to be sitting there all Septermber and October thinking, I could have been playing Infinite all this time if not for that dumb, stupid, dumb anniversary

baby GIF

1 Like

The difference between music, film, literature and videogames is the interaction part. How you interact with and “consume” a Black Sabbath album isn’t all that different now when compared to 1975 but going back to a game from 2000 in 2021 may put you out of your comfort zone and what you consider at the time the current standards in terms of interaction, that’s why we are seeing so many gamers declaring old games as “products of their age”.

So yeah 9 out of 10 times when we see someone saying that an old game hasn’t age well or even worse it’s “unplayable” he didn’t put the time and effort to put aside what his brain now thinks as standard control schemes, camera controls, design e.t.c. and give the game a fair try. Some great games from the old times have steep learning curves and this is not something that the gaming audience today really appreciates or likes so instead of trying to learn something and become better at it you can just call it “overhyped”, “unplayable” and “dated” and feel better about yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Latest acquisitions! I’m really excited for both of them.

And finally a physical game with a reversible cover!

6 Likes

This. It’s obvious what they are up to. The wind is changing and they are slowly adjusting the sails.

4 Likes

I bet in a year from now we’ll see articles like “Gears 5, Ori 2, Sunset Overdrive, Recore and Dead Rising 3 deserved much more! so underrated!”, “Xbox One was ahead of it’s time in terms of features”, “Xbox One X was a beast of a machine for it’s time”. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

5 Likes