XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

I mean tbh are people really expecting this to not score absolutely insanely high? The originals have like 91 and 96 MC, I guess these new ratings for LE gotta focus the entire energy around how well they’ve brought it to today’s standards.

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

where did you see that? :face_with_monocle:

The red one is really ugly. The black one is great.

3 Likes

Same opinion.

2 Likes

These look great! If I would play on playstation I would get the black one 100% and sell the ugly white one

1 Like

i mean, it looks legit. :chief_think:

Xbox dashboard. It’s just a collection of games for now. But I dig the logo and hope more is coming

1 Like

69.99 and 74.99 for the remotes. I respectfully pass just how I respectfully pass on that price range for Switch joycons.

I’ve been thinking about this topic for quite some time.

When Xbox started the backwards compatibility program & announced their commitment to always carrying older titles from past generations forward & even improving the experience of playing the games, I was overjoyed. Then I became confused when I saw so many people dismiss it all with a wave of the hand & “just old games, don’t need 'em”.

When I started getting into Game Pass & got involved in debates about its merits online, I would of course point out the wide variety of games in different genres, etc… Then I noticed that I was frequently running into the same dismissive “just old games, don’t need 'em” once again (which isn’t even true but that’s a different story).

I’ve been wondering about these people for a while now. I think maybe you’ve hit close to the mark with your assessment of them.

I mean, would a serious lover of reading say “Nah, I’m not interested in War & Peace, that’s old as fuck”.

I’ve never heard of a genuine music lover who wouldn’t even try to listen to Stevie Wonder’s incredible run of albums from the 70s, because they’re about 50 years old at this point.

Do movie buffs dismiss 2001: A Space Odyssey because of its age?

When it comes to games, people do this type of thing all the time. I don’t get it. Maybe it’s partly because gaming is still a young art form. Maybe I just pay attention to the wrong people sometimes. It puzzles me though.

16 Likes

I think it appeared before the official announcement because there is no press release about it until now. :chief_think:

1 Like

What’s a Luna…? :wink:

Is that like the N64DD for Google’s Stadia :joy:

2 Likes

Is it not a shortform of Lunatic? Meaning moon fantics?

1 Like
3 Likes

We’d have to ask Amazon: ‘checks notes’ yep, I think that’s apt. How else would you describe cancelling all of your titles because they don’t launch within a year of dev time… and pulling one title that was launched, only to effectively cancel it as well? SMH, these Big Tech companies with their soulless, inexperienced approaches to gaming.

2 Likes

They want to “believe in generations” so hard that they dismiss older games entirely. I hardly doubt they played every single good game that released last gen.

This is faboyism to the maximu. Like you said, if you love your hobby be it movies, music, or any other type really, you WILL want to try the old classics, this is imperative.

When I hear someone talking about a series I never played I want to go back to the first game and try it all, be it old or whatever.

These people are the same ones chasing GOTY awards and 90+ reviews, they want to feel special about using something “special”, having fun is a second thought.

7 Likes

Yah ok… you sound like a cultist.

1 Like

?? he was replying that to me lol

Why is this forum getting this toxic jfc

5 Likes

Twitter is absolutely unreadable today thanks to that IGN Editor tweet. Sony patrol in full force cause heaven forbid anything positive about Series Consoles gets said.

Im going to play Psychonauts.

3 Likes

All, there’s no need for individual attacks. If there are problematic users, that’s what the flag is for so the we can make that determination and avoid derailing conversations further.

positive vibes love GIF

7 Likes