XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

more than 23 studios because Playground Games, for example, has 2 Studios, etc.

there are more than 30 gaming teams on Xbox. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

if we take this drunken article at face value PS 5.1 will be even bigger :rofl:

supply chain sources say the redesigned PS5 will come with a “new semi-customized” 6nm CPU from AMD, which will be cheaper than the 5nm one currently used.

5 Likes

OMG you’re right! :smiley: A nanometer bigger! hehehehehehheh

3 Likes

Mentioned this elsewhere, but a lot of this is semantics of what “sold at a profit” is. Would that be simply comparing the bill of material price against the retail price? Or are they amortizing all the other costs into it, like the time spent in Research and Development and also Upkeep and Maintenance of the core OS and feature sets into “the price of hardware”.

5 Likes

Been told so now as well my buddy got this wrong I guess. Major relief!

1 Like

It is semantics really because at best the likes of Sony and Microsoft will be making razor thin profits on the hardware. The nature of the business is not to make profit on the hardware but through software and accessories and that has been the case since the dawn of the consoles.

1 Like

So today is the heavy news day, right?

Ready for absolutely nothing and Battlefield

3 Likes

Expect nothing and never be disappointed.

7 Likes

I thought it was just gonna be battlefield stuff.

If there is battlefield news today, which I’m kind of doubting because I feel like EA would have posted hey tune in May 6th for our battlefield reveal. Anyway if there is an actual Battlefield reveal, I don’t think there would be anything else Xbox related. If Xbox has the marketing then I doubt they would get in the way of their announcements

Ah, I read that about a few embargos being lifted today so I wasn’t sure.

Maybe RE8 Review embargoes?

That was yesterday

1 Like

a tease for a tease

I have a feeling it’ll be BF.

Yup. I’m in the same boat. Not expecting much.

We’re a little over a month from E3 so it’s going to be quiet for a while unless something leaks.

Most likely time of 9:00am EST has come and gone. So not sure that Battlefield reveal rumor is panning out for today

Could still happen, but I’m not optimistic it wasn’t just typical internet bullshit

I don’t think any day is a heavy news day, Zhuge was pumped about financials, Tom was pumped about the court case. If there is anything else this week it will be Battlefield and I think that’s probably it.

6 Likes

Imagine being pumped about somone else’s financials

Nerds