XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Would love a new Deus Ex game. Mankind Divided was great. Come on Microsoft, go buy Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal. Thanks.

4 Likes

Aside from them teasing that this week is going to have a lot of news, has anyone teased something more overtly star wars? Just wondering

Also we might get a battlefield trailer this week :smiley: fingers crossed anyway, that alone would make this a big news week for me

2 Likes

Yeah guys, imo I think thereā€™s no stopping Xbox this gen.

Theyā€™ll take the crown for sure.

https://twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/1389285913428172801

10 Likes

Not having to bother with making an FPS patch and gain more recognition for your game must feel amazing indeed.

2 Likes

Nailed it.

I love gamers, man. Just fun to read overreactions. Even journos like Jeff are falling for that trap.

And now, Colin might say something and Jez will get flooded with a ton of stupid Discord related DMs. Just hilarious. :rofl:

1 Like

This news seems like a reaction to the FPSboost and Sony crossplay stuff.

Anyway, itā€™s literally nothing.

1 Like

Damn seeing all these retweets from the game accounts, xbox playing 4D chess. On top of getting their fps boost working really well, they get free marketing from all the games social account. I never saw that coming but man does it feel good to see

2 Likes

As for Discord. Just curious, but why didnā€™t the acquisition by MS went through? And why did they opt for Sony instead of partnering with Ms? Itā€™s not like Sony acquired them, right?

1 Like

Also:

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1389269148593758210

10 Likes

Discord decided to go public. Sony does not own Discord.

6 Likes

Sony invested peanuts in a public investment round in December.

6 Likes
3 Likes

I have to give props to @LiamS for posting the real details about this.

Staffy, your timeline is wrong:

December 2020: Sony does minor investment as Round H (up to $100 Million raised), with Discord company valuation at $7 Billion.

April 2021: Discord approaches Microsoft for acquisition talks. Discord turns down over $12 Billion Offer -- that is a 71% premium in just over 4 months of time. Discord opts to go public.

May 2021: Social Media News runs stories about minor Round H investment from December 2020.

11 Likes

This. Itā€™s just timing to deflect other things.

4 Likes

Free marketing!

8 Likes

That is really great to see. Having 74 games receiving the treatment sure put that into emphasis.

3 Likes

Seems like Dead Island 2 and Saints Row 5 may be Epic Game Store exclusives.

1 Like

It is worth bearing in mind that if Discord goes public - which is looking increasingly likely - Microsoft could opt to purchase a significant amount of the stock and gain a seat at the boardroom level.

2 Likes

Brilliant work from @LiamS for discovering this, and @BRiT for pointing out LiamSā€™s discovery.

Now, this is investigative reporting. :+1:

3 Likes