XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

But this makes no sense. A proper patch makes the game more enticing and more sales.

Also why would Private Division do that to Microsoft? Outer Worlds benefited a lot from Microsoft snagging Obsidian.

That Samsung x Game Pass at work

5 Likes

3 Likes

But they didnt and all they did was remove the FPS cap. I dont need this high mighty approach when its right there for everyone to see.

No, that isn’t my opinion. I think its unlikely but it also sounds like you guys don’t think the publisher has any say so.

I mean, the store listing say otherwise, the fps cap removal is not a Series optimisation as promised on Xbox Wire imo.

Point to me where they gave specific details on what the patch would entail.

They simply said Series X|S enhancements, which increasing the framerate to 60 FPS does.

You could check the Xbox Store for starters.

6 Likes

I never said they haven’t any say, I said that they cannot block it like a concrete wall out of spite and that they wouldn’t do anything hostile against MS for a game they don’t even control anymore for a parity clause with PS5 which I seriously doubt even exist, that doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

I definitely think a publisher can block it (if they wanted to, which I’m not saying they do).

This is what they promised. They delivered on 60 FPS, I’m not sure if the game is native 4K. It’s possible the 60 FPS unlock is what they were talking about, it’s also possible that they still haven’t released the proper update. Spamming the same thing repeatedly won’t change this.

Why they would do that for something they don’t even have to fund?

@Proven I seriously doubt that a MS studio doesn’t include Series S in their patch when almost every publisher does that, even the smallest indie ones.

1 Like

So Returnal trailer today and reviews…

TIME TO MELT DOWN!

/s

Please do not do this

2 Likes

Seriously though, I wake up this morning and Ed is teasing some good stuff.

Might be a good day!

1 Like

Somebody didn’t see the /s

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Why is a different question than can. None of us here can really say why. Anyway, this is kind of a useless argument without any real knowledge.

They promised it, they should have delivered. Someone probably thought the patch was good enough and they moved on to other things.

1. Not even Microsoft acknowledges the game in its store or its list as any kind of enhancement and Thats not an oversight on their part.

2. we cant discuss topics that is causing conversation here? Like sometimes here the patrolling on what we can talk or not gets kinda ridiculous. We have been talking civilized about it with nothing getting out of hand so I dont get the hostility and the reproach when all we are is talking about what could had happened.

3. I dont think Obsidian is coming back to make any kind of proper enhancement at this rate. They just lifted the cap on X and PS5 and thats it.

This is the thing imo, no PD involvement and/or hostile behaviour.

So it was funny… I was debating last night about Call of Duty WWII Vanguard with a few other people, and when I check the timeline, I see @Shpeshal_Nick just randomly comes in and hints that Kojima + Xbox is real?

1 Like