XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

8 Likes

@javycane I reached out to an Xbox dev on OtherEra in regards to the resolution issue you are still experiencing.

Munki said: Hi OscarK! I apologize if I’m out of place here, but do you know if the resolution defaulting to 640x480 issue is being addressed?

OscarK said: 640x480 is used a fallback resolution as it is defined in the standards as a resolution that all TVs must support; it’s used when the HDMI handshake fails for some reason trying to determine a better resolution/refresh rate. If you are seeing the console boot up to this resolution sometimes, please try another HDMI cable and possibly a different HDMI port on the TV. Also please file a bug as that will contain various diagnostic logging that we can look at.

thanks Munki! appreciate you reaching out.

1 Like

All good, bro!:call_me_hand:t4:

Anything interesting from Gamestack?

4 Likes

There is a new DirectX SDK where the feature set is not coupled to Windows updates anymore. Basically, the game ships with the DirectX dlls its needs.

DirectStorage like on Xbox still needs some time and drivers for PC. Will be public with more information later this year.

And i got a lot of respect for the assistants who translated these technical talks in sign language, holy shit.

7 Likes

welp

Shpeshal Ed on Twitter: “Guess it’s not possible. Sony locked that shit down hard it seems lol.” / Twitter

oh well if its not on gamepass I will wait until it is or just buy it on sale. Lots of stuff to play

2 Likes

If Sony is fearing GP like this it means it’s really working.

3 Likes

No surprise sony is pretty petty especially after the MLB situation

I wonder what this means? Was it originally planned and Sony paid Capcom not to go through with it? Or did Microsoft get lawyers to look into if it’s possible and it turned out Sony’s marketing contract didn’t allow for it.

Are we sure @Shpeshal_Nick heard that from his sources, or is it because there is not much time left ? Are we sure there were even discussions about it ?

Imo it was never on the table, it was only speculation, this games has been strongly associated with PS since day zero.

3 Likes

Looks like football and the fans might actually win against the Super League. And here people wanted Xbox to put it’s name on it? No bad PR? smh

7 Likes

Been kind of away from the forum for the past 2 days because I’ve been mesmerised by this Super League situation, following every tiny detail. What a clusterfuck.

1 Like

If that’s the case that’s kind of shitty. I know it’s just business but to me it’s pretty lame that instead of making a Gamepass competitor you are spending money making sure games don’t come to the service. I know that’s the cheaper route for them but still feels lame to me.

All the English clubs are out now!

1 Like

They can’t do it for every game in existence.

Just finished Shadow Tactics. Ah man, these games like Commandos, Desperados and Shadow Tactics are just masterful in my opinion. This is also the only kind of tactical game I can truly appreciate. Whenever this developer comes with a new game similar to these I’ll get it. Love it!

I want to buy Commandos 2 HD but I heard that version isn’t too great. It’s censored and it’s missing animations, sigh.

2 Likes