XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

:grinning:

2 Likes

i think he meant gaming IPs, probably like Spider Man game deal or just straight up buying the IP

That’s what I understood from it.

I think that Japanese devs wouldn’t hand their IPs like this, they have too much history to just give it away.

But I could see “dead” IPs from EA and other western devs getting bought.

2 Likes

Well said.

Personally, I went from the 360 being maybe my favourite console of all time, to dropping Xbox like a hot rock after that disastrous One launch. Bought a PS4 instead & that was me happy for a good couple of years.

The One S brought me back to Xbox. They were saying all the right things by that point & I thought the Master Chief Collection, Gears 4, ReCore, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break & backwards compatibility were all just too good to miss out on. Upgraded to my One X as soon as it launched & I couldn’t be happier as a gamer these days.

Xbox deserved heavy criticism for how badly they were messing things up at the beginning of the last generation & they deserve praise for how much work they’ve put in since then to make things right. This generation is going to be very different. I’m certain of that.

1 Like

I have a theory about the “connected worlds” IP with the cyclone emoji: someone is making a series of games for Xbox based on the Oz books. There are 14 Oz novels, so lots of rich source material there.

I am not an expert on the novels, but I think many of them do not feature Dorothy/Toto - so they are not sequels or prequels to the Wizard of Oz strictly speaking. This would fit my definition of a “connected world.”

There is, I think so. EA will never use it again anyway, might as well just gain some money from it.

1 Like

Really? He found infinite looking good interesting

Anyone else feeling news deprived this week? I think the last few weeks may have spoiled me and my expectations lol.

It may just be because I’m stuck with nothing to do at work this week though combined with out of control e3 hype making me hungry for news.

Phenomenal episode. The chances of King saying coming true are actually high, btw.

Highlights?

It’s the good ol’ E3 season. I get the same way when E3 is coming up. Checking news sites every day and resorting to checking the gaming leaks reddit just for some kind of information to satisfy my brain. If there’s one thing I always enjoyed about E3 it’s that it makes me feel like a kid counting down the days till Christmas :smile:

1 Like

If you’ve seen this in action - amazing stuff from Unreal there. Real time 3D rendering to take into account camera angle while shooting.

1 Like

Sorry about your dog. Sucks.

PS - took a small break from the forum to catch up on some work.

1 Like

lucasfilm only used unreal engine for season 1 of the mandalorian, they now use an inhouse realtime rendering engine

1 Like

Hallmark just posted some of this years gaming related Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments:

1 Like

Have to admit, its kind of weird seeing how Xbox is all of a sudden winning these twitter polls.

4 Likes

MS is ramping up things with touch controls :

3 Likes

That Banjo…

1 Like

6 Likes

What was said here?