XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

It’s not that surprising. Anyone notice people stopped hand wringing and having meltdowns over CrapGamer once he decided he liked PlayStation best?

There’s always been a different standard for civility when it comes to Xbox. Greenberg gets the short end of the stick on that as well.

2 Likes

Jim Ryan has been the head of Playstation for 2 years and 13 days. Everything we’re seeing right now was greenlit under Shawn Layden’s leadership. So all this hand wringing over everything being fine is extremely premature. It doesn’t paint a pretty picture of what’s to come with these rumblings coming so early into his tenure.

3 Likes

I certainly get that it’s a nasty and petty argument coming from someone who should do better than this. Any other subtext regarding this? I don’t get the “irony” of it

:chief_think:

2 Likes

I listened to him on Twitter Spaces and he really thinks Xbox won’t do it, and I kind of agree. I don’t think even Nintendo wants it.

3 Likes

If gamepass isn’t coming to switch then I honestly have no idea what their collaboration could be.

Joint collaboration on a IP… maybe.

Jeff Grubb suggested it could be back end related like Nintendo using Azure or something like that.

4 Likes

images - 2021-04-14T192933.599

Idk

3 Likes

Of course they don’t

This would be possible, PS Now is already using it, and I can see MS securing as many partners as they can for Azure.

1 Like

See, MS is a shy guy and wants Nintendo to present him this girl that he’s been in love for all these years, but can’t seem to have any chance with her.

So MS being tech savvy, knows that Nintendo struggles with some internet stuff and decides to show some secrets to help with his life and all… in return Nintendo puts in some good word for MS, maybe now it has some chance with her, Japan.

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

Really?

“Rysebox”

I mean, the sheer irony that Microsoft made the first “Sony game” of the generation, then you see that tweet, only for Sony to spend the rest of the generation making nothing but that kind of game.

Let alone Barlog who basically made the spiritual successor to Ryse lol.

13 Likes

Yea I theorized that

2 Likes

Street Fighter 6.

1 Like

Yep probably unfortunately

2 Likes

Oh my

I didn’t care for 60 FPS before, but going back to Control’s quality mode after playing 10 hours of The Division 2 is giving me headaches.

3 Likes

I used to be a person who said who cares when it came to the whole 30fps vs 60fps argument but after playing on next gen machines for 5/6 months I can’t go back to 30. I will say I find 120 to be diminishing returns the only game I have found so far that I think felt truly noticeable was Fortnite. MCC , Gears, and Overwatch didn’t seem like a big difference, I’d rather have 4K 60.

1 Like

Thus far, I haven’t played a single game on Xbox Series X (or PlayStation 5) that wasn’t 60FPS. 30FPS is so two generations ago. 60FPS baby!!!

2 Likes