XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Entirely understandable and something I can appreciate. I expect there is plenty going on behind the scenes at all times. I wanted to extend my thanks to everyone who works to make this place what it is. It’s not easy being behind the curtain while the natives are restless.

3 Likes

Hey I resemble that remark!

Myself included.

1 Like

Don’t want to shamelessly plug my own stuff…but the Netflix of Games article explains how these types of services work. Background of Nadella and Hastings should tell you he understood what he was getting into (as if being the head of a 2 trillion dollar corporation wasn’t enough). For anyone who fears the lack of profitability of Game Pass, read that and push back all you want. I’d love a good faith discussion.

14 Likes

I really can’t bring myself to care about whether Gamepass (or any other service) is profitable. The sad reality is that the majority of people bringing this up are doing so for console war purposes.

Think of it this way, the PS5 is being sold for a loss. Sony isn’t making a profit on the console itself, so Is anybody worried about that? Is Sony going to have to stop selling Playstations? The obvious answer is no, because the console itself is a gateway to revenue from games, services, etc.

Gamepass is a similar vehicle. We can all twist and spin and interpret data however we like to fit our made up narratives, but in the end, who cares? All I know is that I like the service and I’m going to keep paying for it because it’s awesome.

8 Likes

Consistency is not Tim Sweeney best feature, lmao. It will lose again and again vs Apple. He is playing a dangerous game siding with Tencent and Sony imo.

2 Likes

GamePass is a truly industry shaking service that may change the way video games are played. A lot of people are either confused about how it could ever make money, or are genuinely concerned that Microsoft might have a great generation.

2 Likes

Man I just hope Microsoft knocks it out of the fucking park at E3. Even if we have to wait for a lot of stuff, just having a really good E3 could help ease the wait even if Starfield is Spring 2022.

Nadella was mentored by Hastings, co-founder of Netflix. He’s called Game Pass Netflix of Games. Take a look at the growth chart and tell me where 22 million subs after 4 years with light equivalent of Netflix Originals and streaming not being a thing yet is something to be concerned about.

7 Likes

Got to say, it seems unnecessary to ban Tiger for their posts in this thread. If that is why they were banned.

Can’t we just hash these things out amongst ourselves, or use the function to ignore a user, or flag posts?

That ban seems pretty heavy handed to me.

2 Likes

It’s repeated behavior. I got the same shit for my meltdown posts.

Harsh but fair.

3 Likes

For most I would assume it’s the latter. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

As long as the subscriber count is going up by a significant margin every quarter, Game Pass is sustainable and profitable. End of story. If the sub count slows significantly in spite of all the content being made available at some point in the future, THEN you can be worried about sustainability and profitability.

Then and only then will “Is game pass sustainable/profitable” not be console war FUD.

1 Like

It doesn’t say anything about repeat behaviour in the ban reason. It says no constructive reason for posting, antagonising community. Which I don’t get. Tiger was saying that maybe Game Pass isn’t making money. So what? How is that antagonising us? I said something similar.

Just seems harsh to me.

It’s the the straw that broke the mod’s back.

Like me with my doomposting sometimes and gifs.

It wasn’t just this thread, it was cumulative across many threads.

So it was “antagonizing the community” in multiple threads with actions that could be considered console warring and trolling.

Not my first encounter with this person that made me go :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You said something similar, yet he’s banned and you’re not. Maybe there’s a reason for that. :wink:

I’m just relating my personal experience…

Mine was multiple infractions across a time frame, not just a “One strike your out”.

This was just my experience so you’re milage may vary, but if this is anything like that, it’s multiple stuff across multiple posts multiple times.

Now if you don’t mind I’m going to test @OneBadMutha patience and saturate the XGS OT with Crackdown gifs.

This game is dead. Better invest in ReCore.

Disagreements are welcome and make for good discussion as long as they’re respectful. Making accusations against journalist with no evidence or spamming the same thing without adding addition insights or nuance is a no-go. Hope that explanation of the moderation helps.

11 Likes

ReCore to the :rocket: