XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Yep.

The way I see it, we’ll win and lose a lot lol.

I can go back to 30fps just fine but it does take like an hour to adjust if I’ve been playing nothing but 60fps games.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Not sure if anybody has posted Jez’s follow up to his mystery tweet the other week, from Reddit:

Jez Cordens Summary and thoughts on current Xbox rumours

‘I recently teased the following on Twitter, using a cyclone emoji. Many took this to mean the Dreamcast logo, Sonic, or Ubisoft, but it’s actually in reference to a game Microsoft is looking to publish with a prominent third-party AAA studio.’

‘Beyond that, I’ve been made aware of not one, but at least three additional games being prototyped by Xbox publishing partner studios of a high caliber. None of these are the rumored game Microsoft may be working on with Kojima, either.’

1 Like

There’s a topic about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wishfully hoping Deus Ex and TR are amongst them

Sony has bought some stakes in the Evo organisation, right ? That could be a coincidence or it is to signal that they, therefore their platform, are comitted to fighting games big time and to convince Capcom to have a deal again for SF VI. Just a thought.

Or who is selling right? I know about the Konami rumors I just don’t believe them.

Rysebox. The fuck does that even mean? A console that is only good for Ryse?

I sure expected better from Cory, wow.

It’s vague so that it can be anything:

• acquisitions (studios with big IPs)
  • just IPs (but I guess that would mean the IP is dormant and that the seller doesn’t intend to re-use it or that the buyer is paying a load of money for it)
  • just IPs but from movies

Thought I had finally got myself a Series X this morning. Got the notification, order it through Currys here in the UK and went for my morning walk. Came back and still had no confirmation email, got in touch with their customer support and their systems messed up and can’t process the order. The search continues Doctor Who Reaction GIF

1 Like

Yeah this was an embarassing tweet especially coming from a developer like Balrog though he probably stopped posting fanboy hot takes a while ago, he even got shit by a few sony fanboys/psychos a few years ago for saying that he has an Xbox and he likes playing Forza Horizon with his son. lol

Also it’s pretty funny seeing some reactions about Jeff’s article about Playstation, it’s especially hilarious when people say that Sony released Sackboy and Dreams recently and they are about to release Returnal and R&C so everything is fine…like are those people playing dumb on purpose? do they seriously think that games that are about to release and are in the making for 3-4 or 5 years are any indication about Jimbo’s plans for the PS5 regarding ΑΑ and smaller projects? also Jeff and the rest of the sites that posted negative/critical articles about the recent Sony fuck ups are MS fanboys that have an anti-Sony agenda… :phil_lmao:

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t blame him. It was popular to hate on Xbox at the time. 720p, kinect is listening to your conversations, you can’t play on a submarine nonsense… It was fun while it lasted.

But then when we’re questionning what’s Sony’s strategy, the silent treatment of important topics, what Jim Ryan will do or don’t, his stance about legacy games, etc. which are reasonable questions to have, it is said to be piling on and doom posting… Can they stop with the nonsense, harassment of gaming journalists and double-standards for a bit, that would be great. They really can’t handle criticisms, it sucks… /rant

4 Likes

It could’ve been a well intentioned joke that came out wrong. Or a reference to how good he thought Ryse was. He could’ve meant it in a hundred different ways. It’s one tweet from years ago, I wouldn’t waste any time thinking about it to be honest.

Cory Barlog seems like an ok dude. He’s made great games & has praised Xbox titles, most recently when he said that he thought Halo Infinite looked great. I think he’s above console warrior garbage.

4 Likes

Lol do you remember all of the FUD? Man, I recognise Xbox’s 2013 was all over the place, but that was because the messaging was dreadful.

I can’t believe 1 of the main talking points about their vision was genuinely that people on submarines wouldn’t be able to play Halo. Even 5 years after that a large majority of games starting requiring an internet connection. Kinect always listening? Guess that was conveniently forgotten about when Sony built a microphone into the DualSense.

720p? Resolution isn’t important, it’s all about the frames…

Weird time

People hated on him because he liked playing FH with his son? That just shows how truly…these folks need a life pronto!

Personally I was never fond of the stupid jokes. Xbone and all that, nah. And despite the issues before it launched I had tons of fun with DR3, Forza and Ryse was enjoyable as well. I definitely like that these jokes can’t be made anymore. XSX is nothing to sneeze at. The whole “no games” thing has never been something to take seriously, that’s just laughable in my opinion.

True!

2 Likes

BETRAYALTON! having fun with one of the best games of last gen? that can’t be right! :stuck_out_tongue: :smile:

The whole “no games” BS is always laughable and not only for Xbox but for every platform that is not called 3DO and Jaguar, I’d like to see which fanbase spends most time gaming just for the lolz…because judging from my friends and family PS owners are definitely not gaming more even though “they have games”, in fact with Game Pass it’s the opposite for a while now.

Also yesterday I was playing Lost Planet 2 (also found other players online just fine) and I realized that I was playing a 360 game on One X with a Series controller, like how fuckin’ awesome is that? :partying_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I was questionning my decision to buy an Xbox One at the time. Like, I was not delusional, I knew what I was getting.

Some of the reactions and criticisms was totally deserved. Who could have thought Xbox would go that way ? The messaging was really bad and 720p, 500€/$ was the last straw.

But then, it drove the non-stop bashing, FUD against MS and Xbox. It’s important to remember that some people hate MS with a passion. It improved since then, but MS is still seen as that evil corpo from the 90’. So the narrative was already set. It just needed that “Xbox One bad” spark to light the fire.

So yeah, that’s funny how things turned out.

For me, the only narrative that is important to keep an eye on is that PS5 is positionning itself as the premium, mature, high quality content machine to get you to pay more for their games (that’s not a bad strategy, Nintendo is making you pay premium too and that’s fine). But for that, content and quality has to be there. I’m not in the camp that TLoU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima were perfect games, far from it. Some mechanics in these games are wearing thin imo. And Playstation won’t have the best looking games this time.

Then you have Xbox which offers many games (some day one) for a small fee. I would be a kid today, I would have been over the moon with joy. All those games for one small fee every month ? And people still ask why there is so many people talking about Game Pass. This strategy, this one, should be praised, because this time, MS deserves it, not as some big corpo, but as a company that needed to improve on things and did what they had to do while changing the way we consume video games today. I mean, come on…

3 Likes

:grinning:

2 Likes