XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

I completely agree and old Sony would have greenlighted the sequel. However, this Sony is really interested in absolute blockbusters on the level of Uncharted or God of War, so if the game is not capable of reaching it you can forget about it.

I said the exact same thing lol

How is that a controversial story? It’s been in front of ours eyes since 2013 lol

9 Likes

Like, I get the initial “holy crap, Schreier is making a critical story about Sony” sentiment. What I read though was nothing new, or something I feel will be consequential

And frankly, it was kid of a boring read

4 Likes

I think Sony’s strategy here is very easy to see, they are playing it very safe.

Releasing more games under studio with both critical and commercial success like SSM and ND, they are using these studio’ reputation to sell the game.

So, making these studios have 2 teams and other studios to support make their games faster. It’s better for Sony if ND releases 3 games instead of 1 and 1 from Bend.

Also, remasters are going to be a safe bet for them as they don’t have BC for a lot of games anyway.

1 Like

I mean, how did people not at the VERY least see this when Housemarque, a studio that has ONLY made arcade twin stick shooters made a third person over the shoulder narrative driven shooter lol. Like come on

I’ve been saying Housemarque are being made to “audition” for months

17 Likes

This is…wow…I would have never expected to be this bad. So now, Sony doesn’t even trust its own studios ? Devs have to prove they are worthy to work on new franchises ? What kind of management is this ? That’s baffling.

It’s really sad to see and kind of a warning sign of what to expect. Not for the players, players will always be there, but for the devs who want to work for Sony.

I think that Jim Ryan knows exactly what’s happening and instigate this mindset in the company and that sucks.

Creativity must be at the forefront of developpement, always. And creativity needs trust. MS learned that lesson the hard way…

I don’t want Sony to go there…Frankly, it sucks for everyone, because somehow, I still think that devs are at their best when there is a healthy competition between studios from different platforms.

1 Like

Yeh, but people have been perfectly complicit with it because of the streak of highly rated games.

Sony need to be careful or they could have a Halo, Gears, Forza situation in their hands in the future.

But…Halo, Gears, Forza is more variety than what they have lol. Not even including spin offs lol

16 Likes

game → remaster → remake in the span of 5 years sounds like an obsession wtf

4 Likes

Yeah, the remake is really unecessary, just put the remastered version with a frame-rate unlocked and it is good.

1 Like

:skull:

3 Likes

Well I guess that’s the reason Kojima next game is with Xbox huh…

1 Like

So yeah, Sony will be putting their “variety” on moneyhats…

2 Likes

I mean it will keep working for them until their top studios fail to reach previous highs. What happens when you become to over reliant on our top studios and they don’t deliver for the first time, then it starts to fall apart like it did with Xbox to an extent when Gears and Halo couldn’t live up to the predecessors.

Naughty Dog going back to the Uncharted well is the most disappointing thing in that article

8 Likes

I hope that with the potential that gamepass has been showing, moneyhats become so expensive for Sony that they just give up on doing it and find another strategy.

My fear now is that Dragons Dogma 2 is a console exclusive like SF5, or even SF6 is a console exclusive…

1 Like

Remaking TLOU already is such a Sony thing to do lmfao. Milk that cow! The essential closure of Japan Studio was the final nail in the coffin for me. I hate their new (what feels like) outright disdain towards Japanese games. I noticed that on their showcases they will only show what is very popular and “acceptable” in the West from Japan like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy. They don’t want to take any risks whatsoever. Xbox showcases aren’t afraid to show the niche games like Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise, PSO2 and games like that, and that is what won me over with Xbox hard. I also am not a fan of the “cinematic 3rd person” genre, but apparently Sony thinks that is the only thing worth enjoying.

6 Likes

Surprise!!! Sony was a mega corporation out for profit all along! LMAO!

4 Likes

I mean I’m not surprise at all, it is what they have been doing since the release of the Ps4 and the very reason why I not into their ecosystem. They have great 3r person games, and that is it and they seem to be popular, so why exactly they should change if it is working for them? I, for myself, prefer the variety Xbox provides with smaller games over the influx of 3r person games with different make ups. That is just me tho.

What’s cool is the announcement of a new uncharted really. A prequel with sully in the 70’s could be really cool.