XboxEra Community Hangout |OT13| The Bakers Dozen

Yeah it’s good stuff. I’ll definitely play it.

Hopefully this means we get more of the games from China we missed out on, or games that have been announced but not yet for Xbox.

1 Like

Great show. Better than Keighley’s Summer Game Fest and I realize ONL is far more important to Keighley than SGF. Games revealed/shown for me -

1. Mafia: The Old Country (seems to be a prequel to the original Mafia game. Fuck yeah!!
  2. Borderlands 4 (this was a given but still happy that it was officially announced)
  3. Dying Light: The Beast (was originally the second expansion for DL 2 but is now standalone, will be free for those like me who purchased the ultimate edition as it replaces the second expansion)
  4. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle (would have preferred it to get delayed to Spring with the PlayStation 5 edition but either way, day one for me via Game Pass)
  5. Dune Awakening (looks great, just need to know if I can play solo ala The Division)
  6. Arc Raiders (has my interest but like Dune Awakening, need to know if I can play it solo)
  7. Towerborne (early access later this year on PC, full release in 2025 on Xbox/PC which is better for me, looks great and reminds me of Guardian Heroes)
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (campaign looks action packed as always)
  9. Monster Hunter Wilds (continues to look great, guessing they’re waiting on Switch 2 reveal and release date)
  10. Starfield: Shattered Space expansion (and REV-8 buggy update releases today, hyped!!)
  11. Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred expansion (too many games and expansions!!)
4 Likes

Won’t be able to play everything but here’s my lineup for the rest of 2024 that starts next week -

1. Star Wars Outlaws (ubisoft+)
  2. Visions of Mana (digital)
  3. Astro Bot (digital/PS5)
  4. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine II (digital)
  5. Starfield: Shattered Expansion (already owned)
  6. Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred (still have to get through the base game at some point, lol)
  7. Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (campaign/game pass)
  8. Ys X: Nordics (50/50, PS5)
  9. Dragon Age: The Veilguard (digital)
  10. Assassin’s Creed Shadows (ubisoft+)
  11. Stalker 2 (game pass)
  12. Indiana Jones (game pass)

Yeah, I have a fucking shit ton to play!! :joy:

2 Likes

Still no concrete date for Monster Hunter Wilds.

I’m guessing late 2025. How perfect it would have been if this was a January release like World.

My tv’s not current enough to have the app, so I’m currently watching YT reviews of the Shield TV Pro to see if it’s worth getting as a quick half-measure.

I have a Philips TV running Google TV. So I’d imagine any Google TV device would do. Probably no need for an outdated and overpriced Shield Pro. (Unless they’ve gotten cheaper? I haven’t looked into them recently.)

I previously used a “Chromecast With Google TV” dongle on my old TV. Stadia ran flawlessly on that thing. GFN shouldn’t need any more horsepower than that. (Just guessing, though.)

I would suggest something with an Ethernet port, though. Wired is always best for cloud.

Strangely, the biggest news aside from release dates is Genshin coming to Xbox. This is basically getting FF series moment.

4 Likes

Yep and none of those leakers had that anywhere near their radar

2 Likes

https://x.com/snkpofficial/status/1825971280337842613?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Xbox reposted it. Yes, it’s coming to Xbox. Yes, I missed the show, so I’m doing catching up.

6 Likes

Yeah, Genshin on Xbox is coming out of nowhere, which is awesome !

4 Likes

I believe that Capcom is awaiting a Switch 2 reveal and release date.

2 Likes

I can’t believe Genshin not only coming first than Switch (whatever happened to that) but also getting Game Pass perks. That all said tell me, why you still think platform is dying when this move happened. Just think.

5 Likes

Great showing from Xbox at gamescom.

3 Likes

Hold on, Supermassive is making Little Nightmares 3?

Seeing a lot of people waiting to get on board. This tells me there are legit people that will not go to other platforms until it comes to theirs. This is what Square now realized. Sega undoubtedly saw it and benefit from it greatly.

2 Likes

Yeah, I reached that conclusion after viewing some vids. Plus, I’m planning on upgrading my tv later this year anyway, so will give the Shield a miss.

Yes. I believe the original devs are creating a new game entirely. I think, trying to recall correctly.

https://x.com/wario64/status/1826000225087140183?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

2 Likes

Yep, Tarsier is making Reanimal.

Will this work if you aren’t a actual insider in the program?

Show was mediocre at best for me but this was to be expected since it’s a Keighley gig. Besides Reanimal & Mafia: TOC not that many interesting new announcements for my tastes, also disappointed to see Towerborne being a F2P game but it is what it is…I also don’t give a f about gacha games so no interest whatsoever in Genshin Impact.

In terms of already announced games Indy continues to look cool and BO6 looks pretty good too.