XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

PixelOpus? I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone talk about Concrete Genie let alone request a sequel.

Otherwise we’re talking 3+ years ago.

Studios closed, people fired, not good. Making it a checklist of who “deserved it” is shitty.

8 Likes

Damn, guess you really didn’t care about the studio Japan guys and their legendary games

I’m not saying they deserved it, being fired/made redundant sucks.

I’m saying there is something in Jason’s tweet, like it or not. We have some fantastic games on the horizon from Xbox, however they’ve set themselves up for that feedback (history has a tendency to repeat itself).

The studios Xbox have closed recently were also very talented and they also worked on notorious IP. I was just making a point that the IP’s those studios worked on are IMO more known than those that Sony closed down.

Hence me stating ‘otherwise we’re talking 3+ years ago’ as they closed in April 2021!

Ape Escape was one of my favourite franchises.

Jason was referring to recent closures.

Understood, I do think the actual care behind his words means little. He knew of awful shit at Blizzard for years and sat on it for profit.

15 Likes

Since the Subathon we have increased our monthly Patron pledge by 33%, you guys are incredible and it has felt like a massive weight lifted off our shoulders financially. I can never thank you enough and as long as we keep growing slowly but surely we can pull Nick in, and actually pay Predrag who carries us, and everyone else on the team. It has been amazing, I feel stun locked from it all.

22 Likes

https://x.com/graslu00/status/1803443893742014671?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

2 Likes

https://x.com/aarongreenberg/status/1803577193530011883?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

14 Likes

https://x.com/wario64/status/1803588752217985129?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Square: I want that sensation.

Capcom: I get that but feel like I can go more if my port team care for more money.

6 Likes

Has Amazon limited the abiliry to add a temporary generated card wuen purchasing ? It doesnt seem to accept for subscription etc

This ties into recent discussion about studio closures:

Nowadays I’m volunteering for an organization that documents bias in the media, so my eyes are primed for it. There are many ways to say the same thing and how it is said changes how it is perceived.

So I saw this from a GameSpot article on the best racing games to play this year and it includes a lot of classics:

I know it looks so innocuous to a lot of people but there’s a way that we’ve seen, in the last few weeks, studio closures being written about in an assertive voice. This article reads in a passive voice when it explains the closure.

Studio Liverpool is a storied developer that made some of the greatest video games in the '90s and early 2000s. And they were shut down despite PlayStation being the dominant brand. So they’re not like Studio London in where they don’t have a storied history of genre-defining games.

When I’m analyzing articles it’s in the context of changing public perception for the support of government action and policy pertaining to life and death matters. Justification for military spending in the billions hinges on how things are reported. “Dozens dead due to food supply issues” leads to a public perception quite different from “the aid blockade by X government is starving people to death”.

We’re going to be reminded of Lionhead’s closure by Microsoft for another decade and here we have a “main developer that closed its doors”. This shapes public perception. I know a lot of people are going to think it’s small, I don’t see it that way. There are too many real-life examples from other spheres that show this is done to shape public opinion.

22 Likes

Totally deserved, the show was amazing.

5 Likes

Wow, I’m amazed that dizzy effect even made it through QA. Did they only play the first level?

1 Like

https://x.com/jeffgrubb/status/1803516269188227267?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

I mean lore wise, I get what the comment was getting at. Then again, Zelda games are like a reset even though some really tried to make it an official timeline. Anyway, my point is whether the comment is right or not, this is a video game, so you can basically do whatever you want as long as it makes sense in its universe.

It’s bad enough some would call it a mod; it would have been worse if the gameplay remains the same, it would be the New Super Luigi Bros Wii of Switch.

3 Likes

I think it was Nintendo that ran with people trying to make a timeline and came up with 3 timelines using Oot ending to try and explain it.

Aa for the comments, yes Zelda does know how to use a sword and magic. Link on the other hand can do both too(magic is usually something he is granted) and uses a multitude of different tools to enhance his fighting style.

1 Like

Finally took the time to check out Warhammer Dark Tide.

Gameplay wise it’s fun enough, melee feels good, the guns too, nothing shocking but it’s fine. What isn’t fine are the issues. First of all this game was delayed especially for Xbox, and then to still have issues like the system and/or game locking up for 5 seconds in the middle of a match, really? Or audio becoming incredibly choppy for a minute or so.

I noticed framerate drops, visually it’s really nothing too crazy either and what was this dev thinking with these raised black levels? The trailers looked good, it all clearly was PC and for some reason they made the black levels grey or almost blue.

I hope Space Marine 2 is a lot better. But that’s a different dev too.

I expected better from Fatshark after Vermintide.

Shadow of The Erdtree is nearly here! I don’t have a character ready for it yet, but I already have most of my prep ready. I just need to level up and improve my sword to as high as I can without going to Farum Azula.

Which is likely why I will be using a somber weapon as back up. Since I have the mats needed to get a plus 9 somber weapon. Either that or abandon my new character and just play as one of my other characters that have all finished original game.

3 Likes

https://x.com/just_pitch/status/1803111624502551008?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Nintendo fans:

7 Likes

https://x.com/playxdefiant/status/1803118032207634816?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

It’s on #25 most played in USA. It dropped a lot. The Finals of 2024?

By the way, Valorant is at #19, closed beta mind you. This game will explode.

3 Likes