XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Marvelous started to support Xbox few years ago. We don’t get everything but the newest Story of Seasons and Gnosia are definitely worth it.

I would say Nihon Falcom.

That’s not true. They Smartphone game was major success so they have money to spend lol.

I think he meant console gaming.

All, I’ll say is Nintendo nostalgia is crazy because that show didn’t feel anywhere close to an A

5 Likes

I know. They have money to spend after their smartphone game was a success.

When they opened their anime production company they lost a lot of money and had to hold or canceled a lot of games.

You should look at Jason’s tweet. Sums up the easy task for Nintendo to do to please. Granted, he admits to be bias, but you can imagine there’s many out there like that.

2 Likes

At best, it was a B, thanks largely to the new Zelda and MP4… but I (and media) should judge a show by the entirety of its contents, and Xbox was absolutely an A, as it had solid showings throughout the entire show. Compare that to Nintendo’s first half which was such a bore that Miranda from IGN was literally dismissing it… up until the Zelda announcement, where you can see the immediate turn. They were great unveils, to be sure (though I have concerns about MP4 given that it looks so dated gameplay-wise and not a game that was rebooted after three years of dev…), but that doesn’t erase the fact that the rest of the showcase was lackluster. The fact that they won’t even bother to discuss the Switch 2, despite its impending release, is unbelievably obtuse - but hey, there’s a new Switch Lite…

6 Likes

Just saw it and its crazy how strong Nintendo brand power is. I feel they just have to show up and you get that reaction. That is something every company wants, but yeah its why I usually take some of the Nintendo game reviews with a grain of salt because you’ll see 90+ , but then it just didn’t feel that special. I think biggest example of that for me was Metroid Prime remaster.

2 Likes

Mario and Luigi does look like a fun time!

But is it online co-op or is it typically Nintendo…local only? Because if I can play this with my real brother who does not live nearby…i might get it.

I think it was Jez that said it but he said it best when he said I came out wanting to play every game they shown there. That’s how I felt and I don’t even know if I really do, but it sold me. Here, I mean I said it before, the tone is always my pet peeve. The whole “Hey, kids, look at what you can do in this game!” I just want trailer speaks for themselves.

2 Likes

I think Xbox is fine in Japan would love to see more partnerships from other parts of Asia like South Korea. Games like DokeV could be the next big thing,

As a lifelong Nintendo fan, I think the worst thing about them is that they release a game that implies they’re growing, and not just rehashing the same ‘challenging-when-I-was-10’ experiences, only to turn around and release a bevy of games in the latter category and seldom actually evolve. The fact that Xbox is constantly judged by comparisons to other IP, despite actually being different/unique (which is what I thought the media wanted, based on years of journalists saying that very thing) while Nintendo can literally recharge for the same exact content, or “new” entries of titles that seem to regress from previous formulas, is absolutely insane. Add it to the ‘List of Media Hypocrisy’.

As for the Jez comment, I wholeheartedly agree with one exception: Fragpunk. Not a huge fan of that one, because I’m kinda hero-shootered out, but I loved every second of the rest of the show. Surprises and known quantities, alike, were incredible.

4 Likes

For a Nintendo show it was what their fans wanted. I wouldn’t say it was that good.

2 Likes

So Nintendo starts off nicely with Mario and Luigi and after that (so far) it’s :sleeping:

I mean, not to compare shows, or maybe it is, but at this point the Xbox show had shown several very promising games already.

Hello Kitty is a timed exclusive…

It’s the definition of “If I see that one game over there, it’s A.”

1 Like

Not even a Nintendo fan, but if you like JRPGs then this show was pretty good. Definitely not an A, but a solid B

1 Like

I mean, I love Metroid and will play Metroid Prime 4, but what did that trailer show that wasn’t something you do in the three previous games.

That is the weird thing that Nintendo somehow constantly gets a pass for that others dont.

That Zelda game looked like a Mod to links awakening.

2 Likes

“here’s some games you already played a decade ago, some 2 or 3 ago”

3 Likes

Me when Microsoft announced Oblivion and Fallout 3 remake.

2 Likes

Yeah, now it’s time to doom and gloom.

2 Likes