XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Another one, so you got two now? Or did the first one go to console heaven, so to speak?

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ll give my old Series X to my brother and he will give his Series S to my niece who was still rocking my Xbox One X.

Itā€™s like passing the torch or something and Iā€™m the one giving away his old stuff passing down the line. :blush:

6 Likes

I think I should keep in track with Amazon on the consoles and Game Pass while Iā€™m at it. Iā€™m going to check earlier today (now) and compare it to after the announcement.

1 Like

At home I have the SĆ©ries X and my kids use the S. Think I might need to get an S so they each have one as theyā€™ll sometimes go and play on my X in the basement and now my younger daughter has broken the left stick on my Halo Elite controller by dropping it on the floor. Stick still works but the click on it doesnā€™t so I had to map that to a paddle which isnā€™t all that bad but because of muscle memory I still tend to press the stick down when I want to run!

Wonder if someone offer soldering services to fix those sticks?

1 Like

My brother tried to fix some of my controllers. The sticks are not easy to fix. You have to replace them completely. I have so many controllers too and all of them at some point have one loose stick.

Right now, Xbox Series X is at #41 with Game Pass at #10 over at Amazon.

In mover, Series S bundle is at #17; went from 313 to 218 in overall.

Watch this space as kid would say.

3 Likes

I think I must be either really gentle with my controllers, lucky or unobservant lol - Iā€™ve never had one with stick drift or looseness.

My OG Xbox One controller did have a B key that would stick though from the many assassinations in AC Unity and particularly AC Syndicate though lol

4 Likes

I just pulled up some gameplay for this and maybe Iā€™m crazy, but the art and UI really remind me of Persona; P4G specifically.

https://x.com/wario64/status/1795427200315142182?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

My Godā€¦

They remember!

2 Likes

Same here. I donā€™t have kids, so that helps, but for as long as Iā€™ve been a gamer thereā€™s been people complaining about their controllers breaking down one way or another, and Iā€™ve yet to have a single one break down on me over 35+ years of gaming.* Not counting wear and tear stuff, like the rubber wearing off the thumbsticks.

It could well be that Iā€™m not as hardcore of a gamer as most here, and so I donā€™t put in as many hours, and end up buying a next-gen console before my controllers have a chance to break down.

edit: * I told a lie. I remember the start button on both my NES controllers developed a glitch, where they sometimes wouldnā€™t respond. I blame Punch-Out.

2 Likes

Lol I had a see-through SNES controller that was my favourite, but Home Alone 2 annoyed me so much I smacked it against the desk and the side broke open.

I refused to use the ugly grey one so taped the side up - itā€™s possible the electric shocks it used to give me while playing are why Iā€™m gentle with my gaming stuff ever since :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah I think some controllers were more prone to sticky buttons lol - the original One controllers in particular (the one where my B button stuck) were apparently notorious for it, and I bought a later One controller that never had any such issuesā€¦

2 Likes

The only controller I remember having serious problems with was an OG Xbox controller from Mad Catz that I shorted out by having too much static electricity in me when I picked it up. It wouldnā€™t work and the rumble motor wouldnā€™t stop after that so had to replace.

Have had a bit of plastic with adhesive break off inside my trigger in an Elite 2 and it stuck for a week or so but went away, and I eventually replaced the faceplate of that controller because the rubber front grip was annoying me, got the piece of plastic out and itā€™s been fine.

2 Likes

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1795446622224109825

Hm. Get a Switch or Series S or build a Lego?

Strange. Could swear they said nothing was greenlit yet.

https://x.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1795423947954991163

Nothing was, working on pitches is ā€œworking on gamesā€ in this stupid context.

14 Likes

Not to mention that the person could have had two roles on the same project as opposed to two games lol.

4 Likes

you underestimate lego fans.

Thanks broski! <3

Thank you sir!

Thank you sir! :slight_smile:

Thank you, you son of a b*tch! (love me some Predator).

R.I.P. to the GOAT Carl Weathers. One of the most iconic handshakes of all time!

9 Likes

Believe me, I know. Iā€™m only speaking on myself.

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1795509520824951201?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Thought to share.

9 Likes