XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Developers, please standardized HUD auto-hide. How hard is it. Thank you :expressionless:

1 Like

Finished Harold Halibut.

Wanted to love it, but didnā€™t. I find it a chore to play through. The little gameplay that is here, itā€™s not enough.

Ah well.

3 Likes

I finished it last night myself, and I agree. I wish there was a choice regarding the ending. It was obvious what would happen however I would have chosen a different ending.

3 Likes

Did you like the ending ? You can put it in spoiler.

I was rushing to the ending but quite enjoyed the last bits. I think it depends on how relatable you find Harold.

I liked that the slow and boring gameplay had some kind of purpose in the end, even though, I agree, thereā€™s some stuff that is really a chore to do like giving the letters (itā€™s optional though).

I have a question did hellblade age well? I was unsure if I should just watch the story to prepare for 2 or just to complete the game before the sequel

I recently played it and no it didnā€™t age bad, I donā€™t think itā€™s something thatā€™d age bad because of how simple it plays but it still looks and sounds great.

2 Likes

Sounds like it can be beat in like 5 hours, I just started playing it.

2 Likes

Yeah, more player input/choice sure would have been nice. When they announced the game I really thought it was gonna be more than this, maybe a puzzle here and there? But gameplay wise itā€™s all very simple.

Itā€™s the constant back and forth to elevators to get to areas Iā€™ve been before to talk to folksā€¦again. At one point I had just spoken to a person, I then had to go to someone else and then back to that same person just to give her some update. This gameplay loop became a chore for me, unfortunately.

As for the endingā€¦

Itā€™s OK, but nothing too shocking. I do get his choice that he wants to stay there because he grew very fond of Weeoo, God what a name, lmao. And the fish species and there was no guarantee that going back into space would mean heā€™d get to see a real human home, so to speak.

I felt the part before the ending when he goes into the crack disappointing. I had imagined that totally different than what we got. I honestly still donā€™t fully understand that part. Where you see your room multiplied by five or so and you go sleep in them.

Oh and those weird words for the species, glgllgl or something? And those other strange words they used. Nah I had a hard time taking that seriously, lmao.

2 Likes

I blame the Machine Translation device they made. Itā€™s very much like using Bing/Google ML translation between languages especially when it comes native idioms.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point actually. It definitely is like that.

Apparently, Steam is offering refund to those who played HD2 for quite some time. I wonder how deep it will go and how does that affect sales.

I saw that in a tweet too.

I doubt that many will actually refund the game. Many gamers are lazy and wonā€™t bother refunding it even if they say they will refund it. The HellDivers 2 Refund Club will be populated with the same sort of games in the Boycott COD Club ā€“ gamers who still play those games.

Steam has now started Refunding Helldivers 2 even if you have over 100 hrs played via @ Helldiversmedia

https://twitter.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1786866416383394187

4 Likes

I completed it last month and would say, yes. There are some ground textures that show their last-gen origins, but other than that, graphics held up nicely.

Itā€™s not a long game and given how the game is designed, particularly the use of binaural audio, it makes sense to give it a shot in preparation for the sequel.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really cool thing valves doing

1 Like

I chalked the whole thing up to a pc gamer hissy fit. But itā€™s actually dropped of my countries top sellers (from 3 to 18 and we have psn lol)

Seems to have become the new punching bag, Iā€™m still convinced it will blow over.

Itā€™s insane that all this over account link requirement. It definitely sucks but absolutely donā€™t think deserves this reaction. I wonder if some of those ragebait streamers were a big reason this was blown out of proportion.

PC gamers seem prettyā€¦ Odd to me. Like I donā€™t get the big deal about this and I donā€™t get them treating different stores/launchers like itā€™s a separate console they donā€™t want to invest in. I canā€™t imagine skipping a game because ur ainā€™t in Steam lol.

7 Likes

I swear itā€™s like a cult with Steam/Valve.

4 Likes

Itā€™s basically like Apple lol

3 Likes

Jesus te ama

Steam is fantasticā€¦ :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes