XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

So I’m watching an any percent speed run for games done quick of Fallout 1-4, and TomatoAngus went through the whole Fallout 1 in 6 minutes and 30 seconds. By exploiting a glitch where pressing A continuously makes it so that it’s always your turn in battle and knowing where to go for the final confrontation.

2 Likes

Sounds good for the most part. I prefer more map markers as opposed to less because like with BOTW, once I have to waste my time looking for every damn thing, I get bored very quickly. Games should have all the points of interest and everything else like collectibles, documents, etc. on the map and simply allow an on/off option for each type of map marker. This way, everyone can play their way.

I really do hope the combat/gameplay is way more like Origins/Odyssey than Valhalla in regards to how it feels and plays. Origins/Odyssey felt fluid and responsive where as Valhalla felt heavy and clunky. And of course, the free climbing better still be in the game.

1 Like

Free climb would be great but with this setting, I can see them going with grappling hooks instead, or well, it’s possible they do.

This Mirrors Edge Speedrun was uploaded a month ago, it’s impressive the things that can be done in this game even without exploiting glitches.

4 Likes

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1784448496311112022?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Out of all time in life to ask PS to create at least one moment of refund, this is it. That’s…quite an achievement…

5 Likes

Its a shame the timing didnt work out better for this Fallout London thing, if it had more time until release MS and Bethesda could have cooperated/assisted the devs into making it a much bigger gamevand co-released it to coincide with this surge in interest.

Giuseppe Nelva on X: “#MicrosoftFlightSimulator’s Jorg Neumann mentioned that there are about 700 people working on #MSFS at the moment, including external companies doing contract work. :eyes: https://t.co/iNucstnux4” / X (twitter.com)

I knew that MSFS had a lot of people working on it, but I honestly didn’t expect this many people involved in it.

7 Likes

I still find it crazy that Asobo is not part of Xbox, even more so now they have that many people working on one of their franchises.

2 Likes

It’s no wonder they’re fishing out content after content consistently. Asobo probably wants to remain independent or perhaps Xbox isn’t interested at the moment. Can’t explain why they’re not acquired.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Mr_Rebs_/status/1784277650485198974?t=7rqWpZlM7dNNng9lH9wHPg&s=19

2 Likes

It’s crazy if MS never approached them, we don’t know that, we can assume they want to secure them because they are an incredibly flexible and efficient studio with a strong relationship, but what we know is that Asobo value their independence and don’t want to be bought… for now.

4 Likes

They simply don’t want to be acquired and wish to remain independent. No sense in doing a hostile takeover when they’re on good terms now with a long term contract.

7 Likes

I know MSFS is bigger than most people think but this is still crazy to me

Many of the biggest games out there don’t even come close to this amount

The problem with an on/off option is that you can not build the games exploration around a more exploration like system. With on and off system it does not work because you get lost for real. And this is far from fun. So basically a serve all system usually does not work.

I assume most big GaaS titles are similar and more, some in the thousands.

If it’s bloated like Valhalla I think I’m gonna skip it. Valhalla is way too big and even the main story has filler that could be cut out to make it shorter.

Lol if it’s a good looking mod, Bethesda should just hire the team and release it as a new Fallout game, problem sorted for the whole “we need a new Fallout game” issue :stuck_out_tongue:

(And we’d get it on Xbox, which I doubt we will otherwise as it’s such a massive overhaul that it won’t be Creation Club etc.)

Obviously not really serious as I know most modders value their independence, but would be one option lol

Maybe it’s not a timing thing and companies just don’t do that kind of thing, if they did it’ll have to be paid, and will face more scrutiny from players. I’m not aware of something like that ever happening before.

1 Like

Do you know if Demon Slayer is a good game ? I love the anime, and I’m seeing an interesting deal with the Deluxe edition, so I wondered if it is worth buying.

Single player is straightforward as it gets, even getting the collectable. At the time, the roster was small. Oddly gave me that old anime game vibe back in PS2 era, where they will make a game with only 12 characters or even less. That said while it is those arena fighting game, it’s one of the better ones with neat mechanic that could go further in a sequel, which is rumored to happen soon from a known leaker. I liked the game.