XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

I’ve only watched the anime myself, really enjoyed it! It seems the game will have 2D combat and kinda isometric view for exploration? Fully 3D would have been my preference, but it could still be nice.

Has the update dropped for fallout 4 yet

Yes

I am curious about the differences between the performance and quality modes.

I’m curious if mods are still working lol.

1 Like

Oh boy… Haha

People will be happy to see a 40fps mode on fallout

The next one you mean?

Fallout 4 update has a 40fps quality mode. Copied from other era

Performance mode: 60 FPS target, 4k resolution, standard settings, relying on dynamic resolution scaling. Quality mode: 30 FPS*, 4k resolution, ultra settings, should not require dynamic resolution scaling.

*When connected to a 120Hz display, Quality mode will target 40 FPS.

*When connected to a 1440p display, the title will run at 1440p resolution at 60 FPS w/ ultra settings regardless of rendering mode

1 Like

https://x.com/ign/status/1783443607602536675?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

2 Likes

I always appreciate a 40fps mode, but I am very surprised a game this old on this hardware even needs it. I really did not expect that. Could it be an engine thing?

One thing seems for certain now, a 40fps mode for Starfield definitely won’t happen. I have kept some hopes for that.

Not really

We already know the consoles, Series X at least can go well above 30fps on Starfield but they don’t like the FPS fluctuations and didn’t want things jumping from 30 to 40/50/60 all the time so they kept it at 30

Some more optimisation down the line and 40 may be possible, FO4 is kind of irrelevant here

I’d welcome it with open arms!

But for Fallout 4 I just don’t get it. Especially when I see something like this. I mean, heh?

If that mod truly does that, then I don’t really get this.

going live

1 Like

Did you try the demo?

Yep.

But the devs really did not make the best demo, because it left a bad impression. Not visually, but the map. They opened a part of the map and it was very empty, very boring to be honest. It really felt like a demo to showcase the combat.

But it’s a complaint I didn’t read in the XboxEra review, so it sounds like just a bad demo. According to someone I spoke to it was also a very old build and simply a awful representation of the game.

Which is unfortunate because I saw quite a few people on the Internet writing it off solely based on that demo.

1 Like

Really frustrating seeing Sony fanboys blaming Bethesda/Xbox for not being able to be granted the upgrade for PS+ users… despite the fact that this literally happened with Spider Man and every other Sony game that received PS5 upgrades after being on PS+. The issue is Sony’s terrible backend and PS+ integration, not anything else :woozy_face:

I’m still just waiting to play since I’m back at work, but I’m very curious about quality mode knowing it’s 40 hz and all my Series consoles are on 120hz panels.

14 Likes

The amount of dumb people in the world never stops surprising me. This is a very well known issue on PS.

It’s Premium Gaming™

9 Likes

They really don’t want to go against their god, their messiah, their everything…being Sony. So they blame BGS. :wink:

1 Like

Here I was hoping the actual DD2 news would be them patching out the dumb ass Dragon’s Plague mechanic.

1 Like