XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

I did too! Bought too many things that were on sale, felt disgusting afterwards, and immediately signed up for this year’s Backlog Challenge… because I’m pretty sure I’ve long passed the point of “there’s not enough time in my lifetime to beat all these”.

8 Likes

If people would stop feeding these narratives we would :wink:

Xbox influencers are mostly just as bad as the media because they know negative-Xbox news peaks the SEO, so it’s all about pleasing as many people as possible… ironically, someone in that space accused Xbox of that behavior when I’ve seen far more evidence that the manufactured controversies are directly fed by these emotional, illogical, and often baseless freakouts.

15 Likes

Funny how that works. So basically we bought the games for nothing, haha. It IS a good deal though and it’s hard to ignore those.

I did however decide not to buy Hogwarts when it was in the Christmas sale, could have done it with my saved MS rewards points, but ah well. If there is one thing I really don’t need is yet another big open world game. Starfield got that covered.

3 Likes

After a while you just have to embrace your backlog and realize that it’s not going anywhere and will likely grow even bigger. I’ve made peace with this some time ago. There are games I haven’t even opened yet that I bought on sale ages ago. I’ll get to them eventually…probably.

4 Likes

My backlog has been growing for the last 20 years. I’m at peace knowing I will never get around to playing everything. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

That game seems emblematic of basically everything swirling around in the “AAA crash” (extreme term, but we all know shits going down there), and that will be amplified by all the smaller budget games launching around it that seem positioned to be comparatively much more successful.

Not mocking the devs or anything, feel for them even, but the game seems like a game like Hyenas which had everything going against it but is still releasing anyway. Someone remind me, did they do the whole “strip out the GAAS” after that State of Play backlash? Not that that saves it…

1 Like

No, a big part of the game is its live service aspect that has not changed and for people like me it sounds very intriguing. I always wanted a borderlands type game that didn’t have their terrible writing or dialogue.

1 Like

Everything Sony touch dies!

But in all seriousness, I do wonder how Avatar performed because everyone in front has been quiet. That was Sony’s marketing and now this one. I know any platform marketing isn’t safe from failing to meet expectations (quality and/or profit), but back to back is rough. Luckily, FF7R2 is coming but after that, then what?

HellDiver 2 is coming; hope they start pushing it hard starting…now. Rise of Ronin needs that push too, especially when Capcom is treating DD2 like the next big thing that everyone should invest. Then after that, well, only time will tell.

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1744853265718665503?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

3 Likes

Hate this time of year

7 Likes

I already saw certain “fans” trying to shit on Rise of the Ronin over it’s graphics. Which look good enough first of all, but Team Ninja tends to prioritize gameplay over all else. This goes back to what I said about Sony conditioning their fans to dismiss anything that doesn’t look photorealistic and isn’t trying to be more film than game.

6 Likes

I might win the bet I had with him haha.

3 Likes

What did he say again? Something like 2028?

1 Like

Well, out of the two games releasing Feb 2nd (this and P3 Reload) I’m glad MS is doing the latter lol.

I know Sony has a contract with this game and whatnot but I do wish they were also marketing Granblue Fantasy… But I guess FFVII is what they have for that month in that end I suppose.

Yeah originally. We made a bet where I said it would be out before -27. :wink:

2 Likes

Btw, you should join us in the Backlog Challenge. It’s fun!

3 Likes

Oh, even if it were to be delayed out of this year, it’s definitely still making it before 2027. He needs to come back now, haha.

Is that a thread? I’ll go check it out.

1 Like
3 Likes

You guys need to participate in the next Bean Dive event on trueachievements.com. It encourages to start lots of games from you backlog to dive your completion percentage :smiley:

4 Likes

Does TA have a feature similar to PSN Profiles Trophy Advisor? binarymelon’s Trophy Advisor • PSNProfiles.com