XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

its going to be Xbox Series X (2026)

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/xboxera/status/1737852033552764945

1 Like

Surprised no one went with Zbox: Xbox Next Generation.

“The Xbox”

Because putting a “The” on there differentiates it from what came before. “The Batman.” “The Suicide Squad.” “The Lords of the Fallen.”

7 Likes

Flashback to my laughs at Fast 4 title.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Nintendo is always based around some kind of gimmick which leads to the console’s name. Nintendo 64 was 64-bit while Saturn and PlayStation were 32-bit so going with 64 makes it seem like it’s superior to consumers as opposed to giving the impression that they were behind. Dreamcast was a great name but with Sega, they made everything more complicated than it needed to be with their numerous add-ons and an early release of Saturn.

I just believe keeping it simple is the better way. When you look at PlayStation, excluding PS3, they have all sold more than 100m and that’s because the brand name of Sony is there but also because the platform name doesn’t change - PlayStation. You know what you’re getting.

With Nintendo and Microsoft, they come up with these weird ass names or gimmicks or whatever and it’s like, just keep it basic and simple because basic and simple works.

But that’s just me.

1 Like

I don’t think the name matters at all. Nintendo sold over 100m consoles called “Wii”. :smile:

1 Like

True but then Wii U bombed and was one of the worst console failures of all time.

Yes, because it was a garbage console that nobody wanted. My point is that the Wii was a success because it gave consumers something they didn’t know they wanted and it became “the cool thing to buy”. If Nintendo had called the Wii U the Wii 2, I think the result would have been the same.

I’m sure the linear naming convention helps Sony with the people incapable of complex thoughts, but I struggle with the idea that the PS5 would be doing worse if it was named Playstation Face Melter for example. Maybe it would have been worse since Playstation users are just used to the naming convention so they might be more confused than Xbox and Nintendo fans would be, but I still doubt it would have a significant impact.

Either way, we’ll never know.

1 Like

Yeah, Nintendo aren’t untouchable because they’ve had some bombs. However, they should be fine as long as they stick with the hybrid console model.

1 Like

Perhaps but I do think the name is important because it stays in the back of people’s minds and doesn’t change because the name doesn’t change.

Agreed.

1 Like

https://x.com/wario64/status/1737883170224365906?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

So was it really PS exclusive on deleting content? This is just wild and it’s not even 2024.

3 Likes

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1737887728530870468?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Moral: Don’t fuck with Rockstar.

5 Likes

Kids got skills

But for real, the justice system is so pathetic, life for this yet murderers and rapists might get a few years or less with good behaviour

10 Likes

Holy, life? Here thought he could get only a brief amount of time and then actually get a decent job because of his skills. Ah well, zero sympathy from me.

Hey now… I still love mine…

7 Likes

I vote for giving this guy a government job asap.

1 Like

Give him a cyber security job at Sony

6 Likes

At least they will have one.

2 Likes