XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

Literally thinking the same. It looks like Phil and co are sticking to their word by getting rid of those C-suite folks that at least were complicit in what’s happened over their the last few years, and as MS becomes the major union player, it simply would be counterintuitive to keep her.

9 Likes

TLDR what’d she do?

But still, it’s like Batman taking of his cowl unnecessarily much, or Spidey taking his mask off in his movies or if there was a show. I can’t help it, it annoyed me so much. I don’t know, when MC had the helmet on in the show he just looked so bad ass.

I will still give it a chance though.

Was against ABK unionisation in the past

They have a reason to keep their masks on though, Chief doesn’t, the only reason people care about this is because he does in the games

3 Likes

you just used two chracter examples that spend a great deal of screen time as their non superhero persona’s btw

6 Likes

This Booty position is probably far from any hardcore “managing” it’s probably some facilitator/link between exec levels to integrate them slowly within MS.

2 Likes

Delighted with Game Pass? Hey now, we can’t be having that.

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1737521854187745418?s=20

True. But when it was time for action, they are in their full suits whereas it felt Chief had the helmet on so very few times. I’ve seen a lot of fans with the same complaints, but also people that don’t care. It is what it is.

2 Likes

Yeah it seems he’s over ABK but still people below him handling the more difficult stuff, still, that’s a lot to cover :phil_lmao:

This game honestly feels underrated and overlooked in lists and reviews. People I trust legitimately say it’s one of their favorites already, and the best non-From Soulslike and even better than From is some areas. Someone said if it had another developer or publisher logo it would’ve been +90

8 Likes

@SoulBlazerz, @Doncabesa, and I were all waxing poetic about Lies of P the other day, and I honestly can’t think of another Soulslike that has hit so many marks on their first attempt. The game is gorgeous and an incredible Soulslike that should be celebrated.

18 Likes

Sounds really good.

3 Likes

Bob-bye Kotick!

6 Likes

https://x.com/jezcorden/status/1737545758511886375?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Welp, Xbox is doomed.

7 Likes

Bad move if Phil told/let her to leave. Individuals who were against this acquisition are celebrating this.

Not a “bad move” if you go by the people who actually work at ABK (or used to in some cases,); getting anti-union folks out of there is crucial at this point, among other justifications. Also, who the hell cares what any of the Sony fanboys have to say?

10 Likes

Those folks are idiots, no one should give a rat’s ass what they’re doing.

8 Likes

She’s controversial and also executives leave post-mergers all the time. I also don’t get it, if people against the acquisition are celebrating this doesn’t it mean that they’re now more open to being fine with it, seeing MS is getting rid of controversial figures and hopefully clean up the toxic culture?.. why would it be bad at all

10 Likes

It’s not just Sony fans, journalists are also celebrating this. But you’re right, maybe she didn’t change her mind about unionization and Phil had no choice but to let her go.

1 Like

Who the f*** cares what they think. If she needs to go she needs to go

7 Likes

He has no secret identity, in the books/games he could take his helmet off whenever except we only saw him when fighting and bungie wanted that mystique of it being “you” under there.

10 Likes