XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

Nah, we on the budget console team.

4 Likes

COD and Minecraft I would say yes. Minecraft has been running better on PS5 for years and COD because it will look good in front of the regulators (and contract requirements).

Bethesda’s studios maybe not.

Do you think? Xbox has always been about the ‘power’ narrative. Can you imagine COD running better on a competitors console, it wouldn’t look good for Xbox.

When the refresh console documents leaked, Phil made a point to say their plans have changed. For all we know the refresh was cancelled and incorporated into a ‘pro’ model, they will definitely be up to something.

1 Like

Unfortunately I do lol. Xbox will be the lol-look-at-the-Switch-version of the back half of the gen.

1 Like

Live now!

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Check out your personal Xbox stats for 2023 with #MyYearOnXbox

That wil be sad if true, I just don’t think Phil would let them be in that Xbone-PS4 situation again, especially when he was the one to ensure they got out.

When asked about a mid gen upgrade Phil was also careful to say “Right now, we’re pretty set on the hardware we have”. He could have said we have no plans, no intention or even just no.

Didn’t Sony refuse to send Mojang a PS5 kit? Which is the reason there is no Native version of Minecraft. As I see it, it’s likely the PS5pro will only get a PS5 version of COD if they continue with the same trend.

5 Likes

If they hadn’t changed plans a while back, then no, dont expect Xbox Pro next year, maybe a 2025 is possible but I doubt that too

People are really overestimating these Pro consoles imo, the cost alone is gonna be a serious turn off for the vast majority of people and while the Series X was positioned as the most powerful console, nobody is buying one over a PS5 for power, certainly not anymore

Those that want an Xbox will buy an Xbox, those that want a PS5 will likely buy the Slim they just launched, those that buy a PS5 Pro will be the hardcore that need their super duper graphics i.e. not most people

Price drops for Series X like this years $350 and marketing the hell out of things like CoD on GP is far more useful than a Pro console, as well as having a Series S at $199 when GTA6 launches

5 Likes

End of year thing started?

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of Pro consoles as mid-gen refreshes at all tbh. The One X was an exception as it was needed and perfect in timing both in that Xbox needed the power up and with the rise of 4K.

I do however think that if one goes for it, like PS does, than the other should too. It’s only for the hardcore, can be priced accordingly. It will be unfortunate to give up the power thing.

2 Likes

True! Although I would say Minecraft isn’t really known for it’s visuals compared to say COD, which we also know is the top selling game on PS each year. Those points combined may cause PS to change their minds…

1 Like

It’s definitely not ideal to have your competitor release one and you stuck with the same old hardware, I definitely agree

I just think games, marketing and price are much more important factors than power, being able to market CoD, especially on GP is a far bigger deal for casuals than them seeing some uber duber powerful console at $600-700

1 Like

Maybe, but they would likely try the whole thing they tried to argue in court about not wanting to share their secrets. Then turn around and blame Microsoft for not having a PS5pro version and knowing the media they will run with that story and never make a correction once Microsoft tells them they didn’t get a dev kit.

1 Like

I think it’s all important… power might be the least important but leaving the power crown uncontested is not a good thing, especially not when you are chasing.

I’ve created a thread for the trueachiements gaming year infographic.

Need a mod to move the replies here and from the achievement thread so we have a better overview.

@BRiT @Doncabesa

4 Likes

https://x.com/shinobi602/status/1734234088955933172?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

1 Like

What a terrible time too, feel sorry for the devs

7 Likes

IMO Xbox should position itself to have a luxury item console along with the budget Series S console and reliable Series X console. $799 Series Z for the hardcore.

You don’t even need to pretend to be mass-market friendly for a price point because you have the two other ones that are. This unit can be the “PC in a box” unit.

Yes, I’m leaning towards a cell phone model with consoles. Instead of every single year though, every 3 years.

I also think that MS should justify it by running AI software on this new machine and so their server blades can double as XCloud servers as well as general purpose AI servers.

Just a zany idea on my part. This could be the worst idea ever.

Honestly though, what would make far more waves is a Series S handheld.

2 Likes

No, I like it. The Pro model doesn’t have to care much about price imo. It’s not about selling lots.

1 Like