XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

Something was just lost in translation I’d say.

I’d like to give a round of applause to Capcom for almost always getting their announced games out in a reasonable time after announcing them (Pragmata notwithstanding lol)

1 Like

Yep. Unfortunately!

I wonder when we can expect a brand new mainline MH game. That leaked list a few years ago did have MH on it. Many of those games have come out now too.

After taking a look at Capcom’s response again, they actually said “undisclosed” game, not “unannounced” game, so it looks like media just ran with a prettier sounding word without thinking of the implications

One thing is for sure, when they announce the next MH, you’ll be playing it soon after! Definitely not a game they’ll let go through the Pragmata cycle lol.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I see. But that’s still a bit strange. DD2 was well known and revealed to the public when those reports were made, right? Ah well.

MH anniversary is up next year, maybe they’ll announce it there. At least I can give up my hopes of it during TGA. It probably gets announced when we least expect it, just like with MHW in 2017.

I don’t think so, but there is a gaming deal thread if you want to discuss about it.

Grubb says KOTOR remake is dead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/s/SgWOJh7mNd

7 Likes

One of many (possibilities) on why Jim Ryan is “retired.”

4 Likes

Anyone still think Phil Spencer should be fired over not securing this project as an Xbox exclusive? Anyone? Bueller?

20 Likes

Everyone was crapping on Xbox when the dev team was Aspyr. Xbox passed on it for a reason. Sony was desperate for Western RPGs and taking an old Xbox exclusive was too much of a carrot on a stick.

12 Likes

I know they’ve done things since then, but my first thought upon seeing Aspyr was doing the remake was “They’re entrusting the people who do Mac ports to do KOTOR?”

Luckily, if Disney still wants a new entry in that series eventually, there IS a company who just finished doing a rather well regarded RPG that was ALSO a sequel to a Bioware game.

3 Likes

https://x.com/GTAVI_Countdown/status/1725570496043925720?s=20

3 Likes

If this is true they can fuck off.

9 Likes

By way of explanation, Zelnick shared a little of Take-Two’s own methodology for calculating videogame prices (be warned that the following sentence may give you a headache). “In terms of our pricing for any entertainment property, basically the algorithm is the value of the expected entertainment usage, which is to say the per hour value times the number of expected hours plus the terminal value that’s perceived by the customer in ownership, if the title is owned rather than rented or subscribed to,” he said.

“That doesn’t necessarily mean that the industry has pricing power, or wants to have pricing power,” he added. "However, there is a great deal of value offered, and look, it’s our strategy here to deliver much more value than what we charge consumers, that’s always been our strategy.

I’m already seeing clickbait videos and articles how we should be ready to hell out at least 100 dollars for the game, but that’s not what I take from it.

4 Likes

All we can do is wait and see, as too often A CEO says something and than does the opposite.

“$70 for a game is very low” says company that releases one new game per generation.

5 Likes

Also company that makes billions on MTX and shark cards

8 Likes

Is that where John Riccitiello, former Unity CEO, went to now?

3 Likes

I’m playing Mass Effect 2 and the shooting segments (most of the game) aren’t as good as something like Gears of War, it’s kinda boring ngl

2 Likes

7 Likes