XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

REX? As in … T-REX? New Dino Crisis game confirmed! :smile:

8 Likes

After completing Marvel’s Spider Man 2, I have played and completed 14 games in 2023. As of now, my rankings are -

1. Starfield - 9.5/10 (excellent/game of the year)
  2. Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - 9.0/10 (excellent)
  3. Marvel’s Spider Man 2 - 9.0/10 (excellent)
  4. Dead Space - 9.0/10 (excellent)
  5. Hogwarts Legacy - 8.5/10 (great)
  6. Dead Island 2 - 8.5/10 (great)
  7. Remnant 2 - 8.5/10 (great)
  8. Hi Fi Rush - 8.5/10 (great)
  9. Resident Evil 4 - 8.5/10 (great)
  10. Final Fantasy XVI - 8.0/10 (great)
  11. Atlas Fallen - 8.0/10 (great)
  12. Sifu - 8.0/10 (great)
  13. Assassin’s Creed Mirage - 7.0/10 (good)
  14. Redfall - 6.0/10 (above average)

My remaining games for 2023 that have already been released or will be released before the year ends -

1. Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
  2. Immortals of Aveum
  3. Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  4. Like a Dragon Ishin
  5. RoboCop: Rogue City
  6. Scars Above

Only expecting Avatar to compete for the #2 spot for me personally. Really looking forward to the game. Overall, a great year for gaming!!!

15 Likes

Those of us old enough to remember his Midway days always knew… most of the “he’s ineffective” talk was baseless speculation born from people not understanding, at least, his history.

11 Likes

I have not played nearly as many new games this year, Backlog of Doom and all, but I’m pleased my top 2 is the same!

6 Likes

I like this My completes this year include ( in no order)

• Grounded - 10/10 game of the generation for me
    • Lies of P- 9/10
  1. Diablo 4 - 9.5/10 game of the year
  2. final fantasy 16 - 8/10
  3. starfield 8/10
  4. dead cells - 9.5/10
  5. resident evil 2 - 7/10
  6. resident evil village- 7/10
  7. sekiro 9/10
  8. salt and sacrifice- 4/10
  9. miles morales - 7/10
  10. returnal - 6/10
  11. spiderman 2- 8/10

Thats all I beat this year. played more as well and replayed some olf games

9 Likes

Hey all, if you’re interested in participating in Xbox Era game nights, feel free to check this post out and participate in the Discord polls linked therein.

Since Thursday is in the lead for the most popular availability time we could try something today on extremely short notice. If it doesn’t work out today, that’s fine. We can be more prepared for next week with more data like all of your time zone availability.

3 Likes

Hahaha. This is probably the case for you every year. Hehe. Joking aside, I was going to put SPider Man 2 at #2 but Jedi Survivor was an amazing sequel compared to Jedi Fallen Order and more so than SM 2 to SM 2018 was in my opinion anyway. Jedi also has souls combat and setup so for me to play through it and Fallen Order before it says a lot. I do think Avatar can be #2 if it’s setup like FC 4 and not the recent 2 games which were RPG like.

Grounded, Killer Instinct and Firefight updates still to come this year

13 Likes

Yeah, Jedi Survivor is an excellent sequel. Improved on the original game in pretty much every way.

KI merch is hinted to appear tomorrow. I think the update is coming fairly soon.

1 Like

Peter, I always enjoy your thoughts on video games. This list is awesome! We should start a new thread on this.

3 Likes

From Stephen Totilo’s newsletter:

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-gaming-249dbbde-44b7-4a3d-b1bc-2df97232acbe.html

Mergers & Acquisitions have heated up after an extended quiet period. Mostly from things you’ve probably never heard of.

Analysts say:

• Metzger anticipates Tencent, Sony, Take-Two and Savvy/Scopely will be the most active buyers in 2024, while the Embracer Group is expected to divest more studios.
1 Like

If I listed every game I’ve completed this year I’d probably break the page length here on Xboxera, but you’re all free to say hi on my TrueAchievements page → Shh I am Batman Xbox Achievements

That being said, I’ve still gotta complete Jedi Survivor, High on Life and Armored Core 6 (among about six other releases still to come this year) to hit the big AAA releases I care about. My 1.5 tb of free space out of 17 tb total memory on just my Xbox is screaming at me to focus on a backlog sometime soon.

1 Like

Good list. A few surprises like RE 2 being only a 7 for you? Wow. Loved REmake2.

Agree completely. I do wonder how the third game will be since Stig left EA. Not happy about that. Hopefully, EA doesn’t screw up anything.

Thanks. Appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m officially convinced,

ABK was a make or break but not what I should have thought. It wasn’t make or break in terms of Xbox doom, rather a grand expansion. If ABK deal failed instead, this huge restructuring wouldn’t happen and it would continue as it is. On one hand, that’s fine; however, if you want to strap the rocket, this was an absolute must.

So for anyone who wished Xbox left this deal before or thought it’s not worth it, you had no idea what we would have missed out. This was a game changer.

3 Likes

Funny enough, the game had little to no squeeze through crack scene. That alone is a big improvement.

3 Likes

I didnt realize until today that the new Embrak game “The Finals” was in open beta on Xbox consoles.

Im having a blast with it so far, definitely worth checking out

2 Likes

ya resident evil 2 was a good game. . i didnt like it as much as the original. Despitem y list i give out mostly 7’s because I think a lot of games are good. last gen i gave out 3 10’s. Im not IGN. even a game i really really liked like days gone got a 7 for me just due to tech issues. starfield and ff 16 would have higher scores if not for bugs and performance

I love REmake2 more than the original but love the original RE 4 more than the remake. lol

Here’s my breakdown for overall ratings this generation through 38 completed games -

• 6.0/10 - 2
  • 6.5/10 - 3
  • 7.0/10 - 1
  • 7.5/10 - 2
  • 8.0/10 - 8
  • 8.5/10 - 11
  • 9.0/10 - 8
  • 9.5/10 - 3

Majority of my games are either 8 or 8.5. My game of the year(s) are always a 9.5/10. I have never given any game a 10/10. I know people look at it differently but based on how I rate my completed games, I don’t ever expect every category to score a 10 for me to where the overall rating would be a 10.

I use a 0-10 rating scale. Haven’t rated a game overall lower than a 6 since Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 era. And category wise, I haven’t rated any lower than a 5. A game really has to be bad for me to go lower than a 5 and at that point, if it’s too many aspects, the game will most likely be dropped. 6/6.5 is above average, 7/7.5 is good, 8/8.5 is great and 9/9.5 is excellent on my rating scale. This also applies to the categories.

FF XVI didn’t have any technical issues for me. I just didn’t like the combat/gameplay and was more style and flash over substance and depth. I had one crash in Starfield in 150+ hours of gameplay so I can’t complain either about that game and it’s a 9.5/10 and my game of the year. Such an excellent game.

1 Like

Here is a wholesome twitter thread https://twitter.com/steinekin/status/1717586170480402452

8 Likes