XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

Damn, I was looking forward to Outlaw

4 Likes

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1717631226402787748?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Moneyhat at your service. Theyā€™re so lucky theyā€™re market leader or else those third party studios wouldnā€™t go exclusive.

8 Likes

https://x.com/okami13_/status/1717638237336789458?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Very interesting name.

3 Likes

i asked welfare about it and he said we need to see how many the ship when they do their reporting on the 9th

welfare: ā€œPS5 has to ship +5M to be considered ā€œon trackā€ for 25M otherwise itā€™s lip serviceā€.

2 Likes

So I just heard that my nephew apparently gifted me some MS points, which is really cool. But I didnā€™t get a message or notification on Xbox about it. Do these points get added automatically? I had not checked my credit for a long time, but I do know it was somewhere in the 50,000.

I thought they were supposed to be aiming for 30m this year?

1 Like

he probably meant MS rewards points which you have to see on the microsoft website or did he use those 50,000 rewards points to buy a gift card?

No he canā€™t access my account, he was on his own account when he gifted it to me. I guess they just get added and you donā€™t see a notification of it then.

REX? As in ā€¦ T-REX? New Dino Crisis game confirmed! :smile:

8 Likes

After completing Marvelā€™s Spider Man 2, I have played and completed 14 games in 2023. As of now, my rankings are -

1. Starfield - 9.5/10 (excellent/game of the year)
  2. Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - 9.0/10 (excellent)
  3. Marvelā€™s Spider Man 2 - 9.0/10 (excellent)
  4. Dead Space - 9.0/10 (excellent)
  5. Hogwarts Legacy - 8.5/10 (great)
  6. Dead Island 2 - 8.5/10 (great)
  7. Remnant 2 - 8.5/10 (great)
  8. Hi Fi Rush - 8.5/10 (great)
  9. Resident Evil 4 - 8.5/10 (great)
  10. Final Fantasy XVI - 8.0/10 (great)
  11. Atlas Fallen - 8.0/10 (great)
  12. Sifu - 8.0/10 (great)
  13. Assassinā€™s Creed Mirage - 7.0/10 (good)
  14. Redfall - 6.0/10 (above average)

My remaining games for 2023 that have already been released or will be released before the year ends -

1. Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
  2. Immortals of Aveum
  3. Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  4. Like a Dragon Ishin
  5. RoboCop: Rogue City
  6. Scars Above

Only expecting Avatar to compete for the #2 spot for me personally. Really looking forward to the game. Overall, a great year for gaming!!!

15 Likes

Those of us old enough to remember his Midway days always knewā€¦ most of the ā€œheā€™s ineffectiveā€ talk was baseless speculation born from people not understanding, at least, his history.

11 Likes

I have not played nearly as many new games this year, Backlog of Doom and all, but Iā€™m pleased my top 2 is the same!

6 Likes

I like this My completes this year include ( in no order)

• Grounded - 10/10 game of the generation for me
    • Lies of P- 9/10
  1. Diablo 4 - 9.5/10 game of the year
  2. final fantasy 16 - 8/10
  3. starfield 8/10
  4. dead cells - 9.5/10
  5. resident evil 2 - 7/10
  6. resident evil village- 7/10
  7. sekiro 9/10
  8. salt and sacrifice- 4/10
  9. miles morales - 7/10
  10. returnal - 6/10
  11. spiderman 2- 8/10

Thats all I beat this year. played more as well and replayed some olf games

9 Likes

Hey all, if youā€™re interested in participating in Xbox Era game nights, feel free to check this post out and participate in the Discord polls linked therein.

Since Thursday is in the lead for the most popular availability time we could try something today on extremely short notice. If it doesnā€™t work out today, thatā€™s fine. We can be more prepared for next week with more data like all of your time zone availability.

3 Likes

Hahaha. This is probably the case for you every year. Hehe. Joking aside, I was going to put SPider Man 2 at #2 but Jedi Survivor was an amazing sequel compared to Jedi Fallen Order and more so than SM 2 to SM 2018 was in my opinion anyway. Jedi also has souls combat and setup so for me to play through it and Fallen Order before it says a lot. I do think Avatar can be #2 if itā€™s setup like FC 4 and not the recent 2 games which were RPG like.

Grounded, Killer Instinct and Firefight updates still to come this year

13 Likes

Yeah, Jedi Survivor is an excellent sequel. Improved on the original game in pretty much every way.

KI merch is hinted to appear tomorrow. I think the update is coming fairly soon.

1 Like

Peter, I always enjoy your thoughts on video games. This list is awesome! We should start a new thread on this.

3 Likes

From Stephen Totiloā€™s newsletter:

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-gaming-249dbbde-44b7-4a3d-b1bc-2df97232acbe.html

Mergers & Acquisitions have heated up after an extended quiet period. Mostly from things youā€™ve probably never heard of.

Analysts say:

• Metzger anticipates Tencent, Sony, Take-Two and Savvy/Scopely will be the most active buyers in 2024, while the Embracer Group is expected to divest more studios.
1 Like