XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

While not having tank controls or fixed camera angles, I bought RE 4 a few months back to replay it on Xbox Series X and played it for maybe 10 minutes. I was like, nah. Great for it’s time but doesn’t hold up anymore at least not for me. So those older games don’t stand a chance.

The remakes are great and I loved REmake2 which is my new #1 all time RE game and im expecting REmake4 to be my #2 all time RE game.

8 Likes

That’s fair

A lot of people find the tank control stuff hard to go back to nowadays but I definitely feel they are very different experiences, RE2 and 3 at least

RE4R will be more similar to the first Resident Evil remake where it essentially took the base experience but improved everything about it

I can agree with this. Yeah, REmake4 will be like REmake2/REmake3 so im very happy. This is how RE should be moving forward and im hoping that RE 9 will follow this setup since the Ethan Winters story line is done.

That’s a really nice new update so long after release.

7 Likes

@Fiendflag

I looked at puddles at the beginning and saw some weird pixelated textures. Again, in the cinematic with the villager in the house, the walls and floor appeared very pixelated. That didn’t occure in Resolution mode, so maybe it was a bug. It seemed consistent in my playthrough because these weird half-loaded textures showed up again later on. I thought it was done so to maintain a stable framerate in performance mode.

1 Like

I didn’t really notice pixelated things, but right at the start of the demo when I look behind me, the trees have a flickering effect here, maybe it’s my TV, could be.

I also notice that the character model of Leon, especially his face is somewhat soft compared to other things.

7 Likes

The RE4 demo is a neat look at the game, but something feels off about the shooting. It has nothing to do with my fondness for the original (And Quest VR!) versions of the game, it just doesn’t feel great and could maybe use some burning up?. Loose or something…idk how else to describe what I’m experiencing.

It sure isn’t as good as something like Gears 5 or other third person games. It’s indeed hard to explain but there is something about the aiming indeed.

I also notice HDR makes scenes that look way darker in SDR a bit too washed out almost, but maybe I need to tweak the second HDR setting in the game more. I left it at default, the one with the blue and red.

Welcome back.

7 Likes

I find the aiming feels sluggish, like it’s too slow to respond to respond to what you’re doing

Keep an eye out for a potential giveaway on the top version of a big AAA release next week. Sorting some things out to see if we can do it or not. I’ll post it here if the tweet goes live.

15 Likes

OOOOOOOOHHH if this is what I think it is!

1 Like

PEPPA PIG!

15 Likes

Hate to beat down Square (well maybe), but I saw PS top downloads for February 2023, and no Square newly released game in the list. You know, it would have been helpful if they were in a platform with a service that made it known.

Oh well.

Resident Evil 4!!! Nice!!!

1 Like

It’s Forspoken. It decided to break contract to save itself.

Mike, aka Kage Maru, is currently reviewing Resident Evil 4. That isn’t coming out until the end of the month so there is definitely no review due for it on Monday

2 Likes