XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

This demo is tough for a new entrant

I have to watch a walkthrough to even realise that i need to enter a certain house to trigger cutscene and only then the playthrough could get further along.

Even after that, the game is tough to beat

And it is a very small demo

I almost could have counted them. I thought it was a bug or an old build. Or maybe my eyes were deceiving me, I donā€™t know !

Leon looks great, so I guess itā€™s a small nitpick for others, but to me, itā€™s not.

I blame PS4.

3 Likes

Assuming RE4R is the same size as the original and no cut content, I imagine itā€™s sheer size will be holding them back a bit in terms of graphic output

RE4 is a really big game with the lot of varied locations, making that amount of top level assets for a game as big as this is a big ask

Not to mention this is still a last gen title so there only so much they will push things on new hardware

I forgot about all of that too and I did fully play through the game on Cube. But maybe this is new?

Yeah, probably. Iā€™m waiting on some outlets like DF to look into it, because thatā€™s something that has been pointed out abusively when it was happening with the Xbox Oneā€¦

Nobody can deny this. I find it very unfortunate. There really should have been more options now, as in other brands and hopefully lower prices, but here we are.

Wonder if this is gonna happen at all.

10 Likes

Huhā€¦now that I think about it, thatā€™s not really wrongā€¦

5 Likes

Even an official adapter would be nice. Maybe a right angle adapter so you can use longer NVMe drives without too much trouble.

3 Likes

Yeah, one of my biggest complaints. I can get twice the extra storage for half the price for my PS5.

2 Likes

That would be great!

Play RE 4 demo on Resolution mode with ray tracing on. It looks WAY better !

Thanks @Staffy

5 Likes

Squeenix speed running a corporate acquisition eh

Oddly enough, it could be beneficial like how cloud was for Flight Simulator. Just saying.

5 Likes

Yeah youbhave to enter that one house or youll get your arse hamded to you and you miss out on shotgun in thst area. Mam i love this game. Absolute masterpiece.

Confession: I was so turned off by tank control RE that I never bothered to revisit the games once they got rid of them.

Iā€™m missing out huh?

I think I might have tried one that was on Game Pass, but it didnā€™t really pull me in.

Definitely try the new RE4 demo

I love tank control RE but the new games play nothing like them, the new demo is really good although it is very short

1 Like

Iā€™ve played with all the possible combinations with resolution, performance, with and without RT, hairworks and I have never seen pixelated texturesā€¦are you sure it wasnā€™t a texture loading bug/issue? I am saying that because for a second or two when you go in and out of the pause menu textures are indeed loading. Iā€™ve seen some blurrier textures than usual in some spots (like with all games to be honest) but nothing that severe.

Game will progress along even if you donā€™t enter the house with the shotgun in it.

From my experience resolution mode is unlocked but it only reaches 60fps (and even then not consistently) indoors in some spots. Performance mode looks and runs great, RT is not worth the loss in frame-rate IMOā€¦keep in mind that my TV doesnā€™t support VRR though.

1 Like

The old RE games were great at the time but nowadays, the tank controls and the fixed camera angles are simply obsolete. The remakes are great. Hyped for REmake4!!! Just hoping Capcom remakes Code Veronica next and I will be very happy.

1 Like

I disagree with them being obselete

The remakes are great for the most part but they offer a completely different experience