XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

Evo reveal perhaps

No lies detected.

It sadly looks very meh. Really not what I wanted from Rocksteady. A studio that absolutely excelled at singleplayer games, especially so Batman AA and AC, AK is where it went downhill for me. Not a bad game, neither a great one in my opinion.

I hope they have a beta or something, so Iā€™ll at least be able to try it out because Iā€™m not buying it.

Honestly, kind of hate being on the Internet, sometimes cause I was kind of hoping it was gonna be injustice three but sometimes I miss the old way of being surprised, and I stumbled upon this type of stuff revealing ahead of time

1 Like

Lionhead deja Vu. Looks like someone pushed them to make a MP Gaas game. For Lionhead it was our beloved Phil Harrison. :matrick_emote:

1 Like

Before I got the internet in like, 07 Iā€™d have to get all my gaming announcements in magazines

Like I distinctly remember seeing stuff about MGS3 for the first time as a kid not knowing it was being made and lost my shit, same goes for movies

Reveals are still fun but itā€™s nowhere near as impactful as it used to be with the internet being everywhere now

For those who wonders, not like Bamco goes heel on Xbox.

5 Likes

I bet before the release weā€™ll see it announced for Xbox too, especially if it didnt say console exclusive in any way shape or form.

4 Likes

I can agree with your sentiment here, except that Arkham Knight was still a great game IMO (8-8.5/10) - it was just not the same caliber as its predecessors (easily 9 or higher)

Legit scared to watch Suicide Squad game. Iā€™m about to go back to the not serious ā€œeverything PS touch dies.ā€ First Callisto, then Forspoken, and now this? I know Iā€™m cheating with skipping Hogwarts, but still.

Itā€™s sad.

I remember a few years ago that someone from Rocksteady was teasing their next game and he said something like ā€œwait until you guys see what weā€™re making now. Youā€™re not ready for this.ā€ maybe that was at the time either the Damien Wayne game or Superman. Fuck. Or SS, but kinda doubt it.

The trailer was horrible though because of the English dubs, god I had never seen Naruto with English dubs. This for me was an ear assault, horrible, lmao.

The combat was great, the graphics were very impressive, they actually still are today but sadly the Xbox One held it back with a low resolution, but the over reliance on the Batmobile ruined a big part of it for me.

Yeah, the dub is rather weak. Not a fan. I often joked around whenever I put on the movies for laughs. Donā€™t askā€¦

Man WBD. are totally shit at this

I donā€™t think this is the typical paid exclusivity, especially when theyā€™re not actually calling it exclusive timed or otherwise. I mean Larian are very much a PC first studio, with Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 only coming to console at a later date. I think this console port simply wouldnā€™t be happening this early if Sony werenā€™t actively paying/funding itā€™s development to get it at launch. Which, eh, I think is fine?

1 Like
13 Likes

Contrary to popular opinion, the Batmobile sections in the main story and generally driving in the open world were enjoyable IMO. I can see the annoyance when it comes to doing optional side missions though.

3 Likes

Dude sony cant live without nasty business , just check how they are proud about 1080p vs 900p + game sharing ps4 x1 Gen , so youh i think baldurā€™s gate is time exclusive but they want to avoid word ( exclusive because of ABK process)

2 Likes

I had the exact opposite opinion. The Batmobile/driving in that game made me want to stop playing it. The side stuff just made it worse. I remember there was one riddler puzzle that annoyed me so much I literally stopped playing the game for a few days. :smile:

They didnā€™t use the exclusive word at all. Thatā€™s the tell. They use it all the time when they can.

Weā€™ll just have to wait and see until August 2023 (or later) for what happens.

4 Likes

What if they put out a bad show in order to tell the court, ā€œYou see?! We canā€™t survive without CoD!ā€

1 Like

5 Likes