XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

Is it next week? I think it is, right? He’s promised a few really good ones, but he always does that. He was right about Elden Ring though, gotta admit that.

Thursday June 8th, 2023 at 3pm EST.

2 Likes

even more damage control? like obviously they’ll have more events just like Xbox… all this talk about Sony have more events or more games to show at XYZ is the equivalent of a parent shaking car keys in front of their baby.

Kanye giggling

3 Likes

Where are the pages numbers to jump to for each thread … ?

1 Like

Welcome.

There are no pages, it’s just one long thread.

Have i shown my ‘age hand’ already ?

7 Likes

most people posting on forums are pretty old lol

7 Likes

10 Likes

I needed a plan, but i walked in with naivety haha

3 Likes

I’m still young at heart :joy:

1 Like

According a (apparently) reliable (Destiny) leaker…

Highly doubt CDPR, and I sure hope it is fake too. Plus, acquisitions don’t leak like that, right?

1 Like

They don’t leak, as normally the execs are only looped in, but CDPR is publically owned and shares are heavily split, so any takeover would require Sony buying the shares at above market price (like ABK) so it normally would have to be out to the share holders. If no one has a controlling stake, then it goes to a vote.

Also, to add to this - strategically this is nonsense, and if it is a thing happening it is so silly as CDPR have fuck all to actually buy.

9 Likes

True. It will be years before a new game comes out, unless that remake is far along. But that was the case for several studios Xbox acquired too. Sony would secure Witcher on their platform and that would be big for them. I wouldn’t like it though, not at all.

But with MS basically almost having the WRPG market on lock for console, this move would make sense.

This is a sony fan’s wishfull thinking rumour imo. It just doesn’t allign with Sony’s current Gaas push.

2 Likes

CD Projekt don’t even own The Witcher or Cyberpunk IP right?

So, Xbox out here teasing Physconauts 3?

Physco, in a Naughts and Crosses game, with three green Xs?

1 Like

They are the ones teasing Banjo not long ago as well. I honestly think they are just being cruel for clicks.

DF ended up exhausted after Psychonauts 2 so I highly doubt they would jump right into another big project right away.

4 Likes

True. Their GaaS push is quite clear with that show last week. But I’m sure they want to build on their SP offerings too. CDPR is also one of the few big boys left known for WRPG, if I’m not mistaken.

Some would argue that after the Cyberpunk situation they really won’t sell to Sony, but business is business, doubt much of that would matter.

I think it’s wishful thinking too.

They own the rights to the games if I’m not mistaken. But Sapkowski still owns the IP, right?

regional accounts dont tease anything.

3 Likes
8 Likes