XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

It looks like a 6/10 game. Sony can’t have that. They care to much about meaningless reviews score lol.

3 Likes

Performance hasn’t bothered me at all in Zelda. It’s just a good, fun video game.

4 Likes

I actually muted Ryan on Twitter this week after he took the opportunity to dunk on Xbox instead of just praising Zelda for the amazing game it is. Using it as an opportunity to criticize the output of AAA games coming out of Xbox studious. Like fuck man, can media types celebrate games without shitting on others?

11 Likes

This was a prototype game along with Tsushima from Sucker Punch. This one was cancelled as Sony and Sucker Punch went with Tsushima. I would love for Prophecy to get resurrected but it’s unlikely at this point. In all honesty, I want Prophecy AND Tsushima 2.

2 Likes

This game makes me excited for AC Mirage, really hope that game doesn’t end up being a disappointment.

3 Likes

We might need this for a future article.

Possibly.

So vote! :slight_smile:

Which game do you want to see most during the Xbox Games Showcase? - Gaming - XboxEra

1 Like

Yeah it’s just silly as hell at this point. I mean, we get it, we’ve all seen the interview with Phil, so why don’t we just look forward to June where we’ll get gameplay updates on some very promising games, not to mention a Direct on the brand new IP by a hugely beloved studio. Even if that studio made a big mistake with the Fallout 76 launch.

Nah, let’s just shit on Xbox some more. I’m done with the negativity, any of these video popping up for me I ignore.

5 Likes
10 Likes

Haha, the guy has jokes. I like it.

The point I’ve been trying to make is that if the latest Zelda game was an Xbox exclusive, it wouldn’t have been a 97 on metacritic. My comments are more reflective of my issues with review scores more than anything else though and It’s an issue that’s been bothering me for 20 years. Whenever I see a high score for a first party game, I always wonder what the score would have been if it had been a generic third party game with no sentimental attachment. With something like TotK, I wonder how many reviewers gave the game a 10 because they truly liked the game but didn’t want to be that guy that draws every Nintendo fans ire? In the end it doesn’t really matter since I don’t care about reviews, so most of my whining is pointless.

When it comes to Nintendo, they have branded themselves as the company that makes fun, and they’ve proven that they don’t care about being on the bleeding edge of graphics. And I applaud them for that. I don’t think games need to blow my eyeballs off to be fun, and the vast majority of Nintendo games I play are just fun, even if they are a bit derivative at times. I think this philosophy, as well as a healthy dose of nostalgia, make it easy for game reviewers to unconsciously rate their games higher than they probably should.

I was going to write a bunch of other stuff, but I doubt anyone really cares to hear me yell at clouds. Honestly, I kind of wish review scores would just go away. I would much rather read an actual review to get a feel for what a game is, rather than look at a number and say “wowzers, must be great”, only to end up not liking the game. Also, I think not having to give out a score would allow reviewers to be bit more critical in their reviews and would ultimately lead to less console warring nonsense.

In the end, it’s all opinions and complaining about it is indeed pointless, so I don’t know why I even bother. :smile:

8 Likes

I agree. I wouldn’t praise these games if they were Xbox games either, that is a bit of a weird take @Fiendflag .

These reviewers gave BotW 10’s too, and that game was nowhere near that. So, my experiences tells me they are once again being fanbois.

Nintendo games are the most overrated games in the industry, trumping even PS in that regard.

4 Likes

Very well said and I agree 100%.

I don’t know man, I have 0 attachments towards Zelda or Nintendo and I’m having the most fun I’ve had with a video game since this gen has started.

Review scores are what they are, some people would of hated if it gotten 6/10’s or 10/10’s. It is what it is. It’s not for everyone but I’m just glad that’s not the case with me.

Pure unadulterated gameplay.

15 Likes

Tears is a goated game. No doubt. It’s not that Nintendo or Sony gets preferential treatment. It’s that Xbox gets taxed and marked harsher. This is the reality of things.

2 Likes

It’s just insane to me how they will ignore a game’s very existence if it doesn’t fit their narrative.

3 Likes

I disagree on both fronts, Nintendo games are of very high quality and are much better than Sony’s 1st party output and a lot of Xbox fans would be all over Odyssey or BotW if they were Xbox games (I never said all Xbox gamers btw). As I said we are already seeing it with Hellblade 2. :man_shrugging:

Also considering the hot takes here about Nintendo games and Zelda in general I doubt my take is really that weird. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

If Xbox made games like Nintendo I wouldn’t be in the Xbox ecosystem

I’m aware I’m in the minority but I stopped caring about their first party in the N64 era

5 Likes

I’m with you, lol.

I bought Breath of the Wild, literally my first ever Zelda game, Obviously, I have no single clue about who is who and what’s happening, but I will push through and see how it goes.

4 Likes

It’s worth giving it a try just to see what all the fuss is about. It’s an amazing game IMO, hopefully you will have fun with it!

5 Likes