XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Since the Xbox controller is more widely adapted on PC and increasingly mobile, I’m not sure if they have the same options to do all the haptics. It would increase the price of controllers, for one thing.

I haven’t but my friend has. He liked it in Astrobot’s Playroom but that’s it. Thought it was okay in Miles Morales and doesn’t think it exists in Cyberpunk 2077 as of yet.

Personally, I don’t want any of this stuff at all. It’s gimmicky. Reminds me of Nintendo. Just another gimmick like motion controls or the touchpad (which is just an oversized world map button) on PS4 in my opinion.

I care way more about the performance of a game because if a game runs and looks like crap, none of this controller gimmicky stuff will even matter since im not playing the game anyway. No interest and no thanks to any of this stuff.

2 Likes

Does anybody have any recommendations for non gamepass games to check out in the year end sale

I have it and a bit mixed on it because in astro it is well done, but other games it becomes annoying. I feel for multiplayer games I have to turn it off because it worsens my performance.

Definitely don’t want in something like multiplayer games. I think the technology is there and it is up to developers to make use of it now. It should be amazing for racing games at a minimum.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t wait to try out GT7 on it. I also feel ratchet will do a good job with it. I think the features are good for single player to have as an option, but for MP is def something Im going to turn off

I haven’t used it, but I do get the idea and understand it is a cool feature.

With a normal trigger you don’t really need to worry about wear and tear so much. Cheap plastic should be fine for use in the trigger as there is no resistance. With these adaptive triggers, it is actively fighting against you. There is stress on the gears, stress on the mounts/tabs, stress on that little spring, etc… It’s a failure waiting to happen IMO.

Are there even many devices designed to offer resistance in this manner?

1 Like

Boy were those years dark times

2 Likes
  • Far Cry 5 £11
  • Rise of Tomb Raider £5
  • Little Nightmares £6
  • Wildlands £12
  • Doom £5
  • Dark Souls 3 £12
  • MGS 5 £12
  • Titanfall 2 £4
  • Metro Exodus £12
  • Evil Within £3
  • Deus Ex £4
  • AC Origins £11

There are ridiculous deals in this list, every one of which is a huge game (except Little Nightmares which is short)

4 Likes

Just to help narrow down your list, Doom and The Evil Within are coming to Game Pass next year, and Little Nightmares is part of Games with Gold in January.

My personal recommendations are Immortals: Fenyx Rising and Yakuza: Like a Dragon. They are more recent games, though, so they are more expensive.

3 Likes

Fantastic console! Enjoy your time with it!

Don’t mean to brag about how cutting edge and current with the times I am, but I’m playing Shadow Complex for the first time.

6 Likes

It’s a wicked game, shame it never got a sequel.

1 Like

Games with Gold need to step up or gtfo.

4 Likes

Im really excited for Bright Memory Infinite and the Crossfire X campaign :o

1 Like

GWG’s January line up is better for me personally since I already have Shadow of the Tomb Raider and don’t care for maneater or greedfall. But overall the last few month were weak. Overall I really don’t care for plus or gwg anymore. Game Pass is just 10 leagues ahead of both of these services.

2 Likes

Bright Memory Infinite looks great. I know next to nothing about it, but the reveal trailer in the July game showcase caught my attention instantly. Dunno if the devs will be able to pull off that mix of gameplay elements & genres & make it all work, but I’m looking forward to finding out. Best of luck to them.

Imho they should get rid of Gold, Game Pass is the thing. Not to mention we have to pay for MP on console for the same games as on PC where it’s free. Kinda weird when you think about it, and not in line with the “Xbox is an ecosystem with console, PC and mobile” - PR.

My point though is if you are going to charge as much as the competition, at least offer the same level of benefits. Both by stepping up the GwG-games and making F2P-games actually free. This in-between stuff just makes Gold, and Xbox, look bad in every inevitable comparison. Soo either 1. Get rid of it. 2. Make it better.

3 Likes

I agree that the GwG offerings have been weak for the past few months (years?), but I still love it because I get to keep all those 360 and OG Xbox games that I used to own on my PS2/PS3 and that I didn’t feel like buying again.

Looks very interesting!

1 Like