XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

So I just completed the shores of gold final mission of tall tales. Loved the tall tales overall and really enjoyed the final tale, but Rare really need to improve their foot combat bosses. That final boss was horrendous.

3 times in total me and my friend got smacked out of the map and had to drown ourselves to spawn back.

1 Like

Any comments on what is up with Monolith? Been a while. I need my next masterpiece :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeahā€¦ The Switch was my first Nintendo console and the amount of bs was surprising. Coming from Xbox it was ā€œlike wtf is this, the 90ā€™s?ā€. Nothing works properly, everything is extra and expensive af and half assed. The joycons are drifting like crazy, online sucks and tbh itā€™s just collecting dust at this point.

1 Like

Their game probably got cancelled and had to start all over again. WB is already done this with Rocksteady and WB Montreal I think, so it wouldnā€™t surprise me if the same happened with Monolith, it has been almost 4 years since Shadow of war.

I assume we talk about different developers :thinking:

1 Like

Which Monolith?

Monolith Productions from WB Interactive who developed the last two Middle-Earth games or Monolith Soft from Nintendo who developed the Xenoblade Chronicles games?

Wellā€¦

If I had to guess, I would say Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or a new IP. But in all honesty, I donā€™t follow literally anything Nintendo related so I could be WAY OFF. LOL.

Have you ever played any Xenoblade?

As much as i know they tried to get into my country, but they werenā€™t able to compete with the local market. I mean, you can find a taco in around 0.49 cents and even in 0.24 cents. So no stonks. Iā€™ll try it tho, when they try to get into the country in a third time.

1 Like

I played maybe an hour of the first game on Wii when it was part of that ā€œthree somethingā€ with The Last Story and Pandoraā€™s Tower. I didnā€™t like that the combat was automatic. Turned me off from the start and that was that.

You probably shouldnā€™t start if you can avoid it.

1 Like

Ahhh really:(

Sorry. I played a few hours of The Last Story and enjoyed what I played but it was Pandoraā€™s Tower that I really liked. Only got halfway through the game but it was my favorite of the three games by far.

The three games were part of ā€œoperation rainfallā€. I couldnā€™t remember the name but I do remember back in 2012 wanting to play all three games.

This is pretty bad.

And people here talk about how buying a big Asian developer or publisher will be the solution to solving their Asia problem while it so clearly isnā€™t, these are the kind of things they should focus on, things that actually matter and work. This is the fundamental groundwork that they lack. Youā€™d think by having Xcloud launch there and make a few ads and Samsung partnership theyā€™d be doing great but turns out it simply is nowhere close to what they still need to do.

9 Likes

He is totally right, To reach 3 billion gamer, Xbox needs to be ā€œfullyā€ available on more languages. Thatā€™s settled. Not all 3B gamer speak ENG. Fan-made can do localization for all of these :arrow_down: why Xbox canā€™t?

:ballot_box_with_check: Games [ sub/dub ] :ballot_box_with_check: YouTube :ballot_box_with_check: Twitter :ballot_box_with_check: Streams :ballot_box_with_check: Events :ballot_box_with_check: System :ballot_box_with_check: Store :ballot_box_with_check: Forums :ballot_box_with_check: Ads

All of these need to be fully localized on any country Xbox want to success. Believe me, millions of non-Eng gamers knows Xbox from non-related Xbox representatives.

I know there is some progress done with Series X|S but still WAY behind the competition.

1 Like

A fair number of the XboxEra team played through an absolute gem of a game yesterday, that should be coming to Game Pass this week. I think itā€™ll do really well.

13 Likes

I canā€™t think of anything announced thatā€™s not there yet, so I guess weā€™re in for a surprise. Interestingā€¦

Hades ? :thinking:

I feel like if it was an old game, they wouldnā€™t all have just played it for the first time this week.

My pie in the sky hope is a surprise release of The Ascent, but thatā€™s probably hoping for too much.

1 Like