XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Overall, how did you like Immortals? I’m about 1/3rd of the way through the game.

It is one of the best games of 2020 for me. The world is gorgeous and I loved traveling through the island, especially when I had my vigor and abilities maxed up. I did have two complaints though that I’ll just copy and paste from the thoughts I shared back in the Achievements Thread:

The game’s biggest flaw is that it is still an Ubisoft game, so the map can be overloaded with side activities to do. At least it is not nearly as big as the last Assassin’s Creed games, making it a bit less of a chore.

My other complaint is that there are many, many heavy puzzle sections. I had to put the game on hold for a while because I couldn’t stand entering another chamber and seeing so many puzzles on the horizon anymore. But on the bright side most of the puzzles are decently thought and give us a sense of accomplishment when completed.

I have to say: I LOVED most of the puzzles – especially those that were challenging enough and yet could be solved in around 10 minutes. And I did like those bigger puzzle chambers at first! But as I said, I had to eventually take a break because I couldn’t even stand the thought of entering another chamber and seeing puzzles as far as my sight could go.

It took me around 30 hours to reach the point of no return (while doing many, many side activities at the same time), and 40 hours to get all the achievements.

@brunopcosta1

I get the general Ubisoft complaint with too many icons on the map but in Immortals you have to scout them so you could have done scouting here and there so it doesn’t become overwhelming. I have no issues with too many icons. My only complaint would be that you know what they are after scouting from a vantage point. I would have preferred “?” icons instead so you don’t know exactly what the activity is until you get there but at the same time know that there is something there in general.

I love the puzzles. Through the clashing rocks, Aphrodite’s region and Ares’ region, I have done every vault except three or four that I just can’t do yet and one, I just figured out that I need a certain God ability in order to pass it because otherwise, I just don’t see how it’s possible.

The puzzles in the open world are great too. The four square piece puzzles, the musical harp, shooting an arrow through the obstacle course, etc. I have had times where I would get stumped for a few minutes but otherwise, no real issues.

40 hours total??? Wow. I’m at 50+ hours already. lmao.

Glad that you really enjoyed the game. I’m loving it and hoping it sells past 10m so Ubisoft can make it a franchise because I would love to see other mythologies in a stylized open world.

somebody would love BOTW just sayin…

1 Like

Yep. Top 5 game of all-time.

1 Like

I played Persona 4 Dancing way back when on PSVita. I remember it being a solid game for the most part, and somehow it tied into Persona 4’s story. I see the Persona Dancing Collection is on sale on PSN for $19.24, it includes 3, 4, 5 dancing games. Anyone have any familiarity with the collection for PS4? Are the other games worth playing?

Same with me. I couldn’t muster up the energy to play anything other than Tetris Effect Connected, Forza Horizon 4 and Pac-Man Championship Edition 2. I am soooooo ready for Hitman, to the point I’ve been regularly waking up hoping it’s 8am and the game is live.

Anyone here played the Deponia games? The collection of 4 games is only ten bucks now. Looks to be a great point and click adventure. And I’m a sicker for good ones.

Played it a few years ago on pc with german dub. It’s actually a very funny game but I dislike the MC. He’s a little bit arrogant and goofy at the same time. I would say the Edna/Harvey series is better (same developer). But for 10 bucks it’s a good purchase.

2 Likes

Game is lovely and fun and very sad too. Thought be prepared for some very dark humor.

1 Like

Played them all. They are funny games with lots of clever and also some frustrating puzzles. The humor is a bit hit and miss, the main char written as an asshole and some edgy gags don’t really work in 2020+.

There are not a lot of good point & click adventures around, so 4 of them for 10 bucks is a good deal. You could also try Edna&Harvey or Unavowed on PC. Unavowed was my favorite game i played last year, just saying.

I don’t game much on PC. All I have is a laptop that isn’t very strong, but probably enough for a point and click adventure. I’m just glad that consoles have some of these games at all. :slight_smile:

Frustrating puzzles I don’t like, I like it more when puzzles actually make sense. I loved the adventures like Day of the Tentacle and Sam and max hit the road, but often the puzzles didn’t make sense to me. This is why I dug Book of unwritten Tales 2 so much, many puzzles made sense.

Hitman’s release has been a nightmare so far. I managed to import my Hitman 2 maps into the game, but it is telling me to pay for the Hitman 1 maps even though I own them. Constant disconnections aswell. That’s why midnight rollout releases are a thing.

At least they seem to be aware of the importing problem:

I think they released a statement a couple of days ago that they are working to fix that issue Bruno.

Same here. Haven’t even started as I’m trying to link progression.

Devolver denies Fall Guys coming.

I LOVE the game, still putzing around even after dumping 80 hours into it already. The only thing I have left to do is to fully close up the rest of the vaults, which I have been taking my time with.

1 Like

To make things worse, the Microsoft Store is telling me I don’t own both Hitman and Hitman 2 when I clearly have them in my library

Let’s go!

I love me some demos!

3 Likes