XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

2021 is gonna be wild. There are a lot of really promising games coming out this year.

• DOOM Eternal’s The Ancient Gods Part 2
  • Halo Infinite
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Elden Ring
  • Nier Replicant
  • Little Nightmares 2
  • The Ascent
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Biomutant
  • Psychonauts 2
  • It Takes Two
  • The Gunk
  • Stalker 2
  • Tales of Arise
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Plus there is a chance that we will also get BotW2, a Zelda collection, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Bayonetta 3, Harvey Smith/Arkane Austin’s new game, Wolfenstein 3 and who knows maybe Forza Horizon 5!

Portal 2 done. I am brilliant!

1 Like

Halo is the big one for me this year. Of the games that are announced anyway, nothing else has me more excited.

I’ll jump straight back in to another playthrough of Mass Effect when the remaster lands. Once I finally get my Series X, I’ll try out stuff like The Ascent. But exploring a huge, open Halo ring just has me all kinds of excited. I really can’t wait.

1 Like

How you liked it?:slight_smile:

Play Portal, it’s more challenging. I found that they toned down Portal 2 in regards to difficulty for some reason.

Also interested in the Mass Effect remaster, but honestly played the games so many times allready that I’m not in a hurry. If it is just graphics I’ll wait for a deep sale.

1 Like

Im just here ready for like my 4th-5h playthrough of the first 2 and the second one of the third one. Gonna be a blast.

2 Likes

Haha yeah, love the trilogy. I might not be able to wait either tbh :wink:

1 Like

I dont tend to get massively excited for new games until days before release so I can’t think of many off the top of my head.

• Returnal
  • Halo Infinite
  • Hades on Xbox
  • Maybe Mass effect remaster. ( I only played them once to completion so I kinda could do a new run, but ugh, y’know)
  • Ratchet and Clank.

I’m looking forward to a few things I’m hoping come out in 2021, but a lot feels unknown at this point. Here’s a dozen:

1. FFXIV on Xbox (please!)
  2. Zelda BOTW sequel
  3. Halo Infinite
  4. Tunic
  5. The Ascent
  6. Diablo 4 (please!)
  7. Bayonetta 3
  8. Zelda 35th celebration stuff
  9. Monster Hunter Rise
  10. It Takes Two
  11. RE Village
  12. Psychonauts 2

I would say God of War 2 and Horizon Forbidden West, but I doubt either hit this year. Same with Starfield, Metroid Prime 4, and Elden Ring.

Wish THIS part of the sharing process (particularly videos) was done in the background. Would make sharing so much faster and enjoyable via the console.

Honestly it is much faster with the phone. The system on xbox is bad

Nahh I played both recently from start to finish and they are similar easy.

1 Like

Maybe having played Portal prepped me for Portal 2. Either way, I found 2 easier than Portal but this was years ago ago.

1 Like

Hec it was a replay for me :slight_smile: and they share a similar difficulty

2 Likes

Auto HDR in Trine 4. It looks so good!

I swear Microsoft’s own HDR is often better than “proper” HDR and no Calibration whatsoever is needed.

The other day I couldn’t get We Happy Few looking right with HDR, unless I lowered my TV brightness to 40.

It looks so good in Little Nightmares

Ooooh nice one! I finished that one quite a while ago, but now I need to see it.

Honestly at this point if some of these studios just can’t do proper HDR, let auto HDR take care of it. That includes XGS for me. Naturally I hope they bring proper HDR.

I just hope they start using the auto hdr calibration settings and make me never have to deal with it again.

That would be great. I mean Xbox is doing this, a certain team is responsible for this. So you would think they can “lend” this tech to the XGS teams.

They knocked this out of the park!

I’m using HGIG on my C9, I have set the settings in the calibration app on Xbox correctly and it’s perfect for auto HDR. Don’t even need any settings in the games itself.